PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a BOB jogging stroller?

shannonanna
02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I am interested in both the 07 BOB Revolution and the Ironman, but I don't know which one to get. Most of the places I'll be running are around parks with curves and loops, so I'm thinking I would prefer the option of fixed or swivel wheel. I already have an everyday stroller, so this will be used for running only. Is there a reason why the Revolution wouldn't be as good for running (in the fixed wheel position) as the Ironman? Thanks!

BayAreaMom
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi,
I have both the Bob SUS and Revolution. Basically, the Revolution doesn't work as a true runner because:
-front wheel is smaller (if you are a very slow runner (aka 'jogger') with a short gait, this might work okay).
-no hand brake (safety issue- but there is a hand strap)
-even with fixed wheel, it still wobbles, making it difficult to run.

I bought the Revolution because the SUS was a real pain to use for anything other than running or walking on a straight path (and how often does that happen?). The Revolution is AWESOME for walking. It was hard to justify owning both, but I found them both for 20% off, so I felt better about it. If you think you'll be walking more than jogging, and can deal with the issues above, you might want to get the Revolution first and see if it works okay for you.

Hope this helps,
Darcy

bubbaray
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Ditto what the PP said.

If you are really running, you'll want a fixed wheel stroller, there is no comparison for running. I have a BOB Revolution and a Chariot Cavalier, which is like a SUS/Ironman with more features. I'd get the Ironman if you are running on roads/sidewalks, the SUS if you are running on trails (the tread on the tires is different).

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007