PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Trip or Zooper Twist? UPDATE: Very disappointed with zooper!

MNmomtobe
02-14-2007, 01:33 AM
ETA: I heard from them via email that the optional armest bar for the Twist which would make it infant compatible is not going to be available for the U.S. I just liked the idea of an armrest bar since most umbrella strollers don't have that feature and many sites are advertising the armest bar as an option for this stroller! Again, what a disappointment. Seems like very misleading advertising.

I am looking for a lighter weight umbrella and thought I had decided on the Trip. However, I do like that the Zoopers have the zip off canopy for ventilation. DD always seems to be hot so I thought that feature would be nice for summer. I also like all the extras that come with it. My only concern is that the handles are about 2-3 inches shorter than the Trip. I think this may bother DH.
Right now we use the Maclaren Easy Traveller which has tall handles and the P3, which DH uses with the handles extended.
Any thoughts on the Twist? I don't think I will be able to find one to test. Same on the Trip. The specialty baby stores in my area only seem to carry the Inglesina Zippy or the Zooper Waltz and Boogie.
If anyone owns a Twist, I would like their opinions. TIA!

pastrygirl
02-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I have the Trip and really like it... except that I sometimes kick the wheels (I'm 5'7"). I was able to try it before I bought it, so I knew that was going to be an issue, but it doesn't happen often. My husband is a few inches taller than me and has never kicked the wheels.

Also, it doesn't steer one-handed, in case that's something you're looking for. (I don't know if any of the lightweight umbrella strollers do, but it would be a feature I'd look for if I had to do it over again.)

I never tried the Twist so I don't know how it compares. I do think it feels much sturdier than the Maclarens I tried.