PDA

View Full Version : Lost my stroller and need a new one

JenniferMC1971
02-14-2007, 10:44 AM
I was an idiot and lost my 2005 Zooper Waltz, which I liked a lot. But now that I need to replace it, I'm looking at all the other stroller choices again. I decided on the Waltz because it was recommded in the Baby Bargains book, plus it's compatible with an infant seat and also reclined all the way. It was a good weight. It was our only stroller for a long time. (My husband bought a very cheap generic umbrella stroller for him which I am having to make do with for now. Ugh). I got the Waltz for less than $200.

Oh, the only thing I didn't like about the Waltz was the basket was very inaccessible! I need a good sized basket that I can actually use.

So, should I stick with the Waltz again or try something else? I see in another thread that someone says to stick with the top three: Peg Perego, Inglesina & Chicco 1? My DD is 17 months and we live just north of Chicago. No plans to have another baby soon, but it'd be nice to get something that would last a few years - like my Zooper was supposed to. :( Thanks for your help!

maestramommy
02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a 2006 waltz. That model debuted the basket without that silly bar in front of it. So if you liked the Waltz and the basket was a good size, I'd try to get a 2006. The 2007 is MUCH more expensive (I got mine for $200) so you might try looking at online discounters like Albeebaby.com.

On the other hand, I've seen Peg Venezia's and wow! They must be pretty heavy but that is one great looking basket, and the seat looks very cushy. I was interested in Inglesina when I was looking at strollers but could never find one to try out. Peg was just a lot more than what I was willing to pay. Considering how much time DD spends in a stroller it's just as well :P