PDA

View Full Version : What do you use with your toddler? UPDATED

SD601
02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
DS is 18 months, and I don't have a stroller (um, have TONS of carriers). I went looking for one, as he's getting heavier and harder to carry and posted earlier about looking at Macs, zoopers, and inglesinas.

At my local baby store, I found a 2006 BNIP zippy for $169. I tried it out and snatched it up. I can return it...wondering if I have buyer's remorse.

So, it's my only stroller..wow, I know that's insane. Will I regret getting such a big stroller with my heavy toddler? Should I have gotten an umbrella stroller?

What do you use more with a toddler?

ETA: update

Okay, I just set up my zippy. So far, I LOVE it, although I haven't taken it out for a drive, yet.

At the store, I tried Pliko Lite, Zooper Hula, and Inglesina Zippy

Pliko Lite:

so comfy and plush for my DS
steered well, although not as big wheels as zooper or inglesina
basket was big for umbrella stroller
shortest off all three, although fine for me (5'6")
a little plastic feeling
missing the window from canopy, although it had decent coverage
sat very upright...DS really liked that
not the lightest umbrella stroller (salesperson said 16lbs)

Zooper Hula:

Loved the steering steering, very smooth
high handles
big wheels
window for canopy
can't get over how easy it was to handle...really like this one
comfy handlebars
very expensive

Zippy:

fantastic sunshade for us (big) with window
highest seat (from the ground) of all
plus padding
LOVE the snack tray for my toddler
big wheels, easy steering
basket not as easy to access, although it's removeable, too
little heavy but makes up for it with amazing one-handed fold

I got the zippy because it was comfy, easy to fold, and, well, it was $169 brand new. I think i'm happy with my choice...I hope!

Loved the one-handed fold/unfold
very comfy for DS

SD601
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I know everyone is probably of this discussion...I know, I am too!

I'm definitely am having buyer's remorse. I think I snatched up the zippy because it was a good deal, not because I needed it. It seems so much heavier than it says (17lbs). I do like the easy fold, but I can't seem to get it folded without taking off the canopy, and that's another 2 steps...the manual's no help.

Why didn't I just get an umbrella stroller? DS is 18 months...how much longer will I need a stroller?

I guess I could hold onto it for baby #2 (in a couple years) or sell it on stroller swap. Ah, decisions...

bubbaray
02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Contact Inglesina -- it should fold with the canopy on.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

lilac0422
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't think it is 17 lbs. I remember reading it is closer to 21 or so. Not sure though

strollerqueen
02-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Mine was 22. You can just weigh yourself on a scale. Step off, then back on with the stroller. Subtract the difference and voila! the true stroller weight.

SD601
02-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks...yeah, I can't believe it's 17lbs. I'll weigh it...feels like at least 20. I'll contact Ingelsina, too. My DH likes it, though, so that's something. We'll keep trying.

rl42382
02-18-2007, 11:46 PM
rachel l.

it sounds like the hood is hooked on too high up it goes very close down almost to the arm rests there are these tiny metal points that stick out that the hoods hooks hook over. try that it should help. the stroller does fold with the hood on. one of the perkso f buying it in a local store is that the store puts it together for you.