PDA

View Full Version : Best Umbrella Stroller for Infant -- Zippy vs. Techno XT??

araknes
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi there,

Baby #2 is due in 6 weeks and we no longer have a stroller with a full recline appropriate for a newborn. We had a Zippy for my now 3 year old and it served us well even though it pretty much fell apart and was donated away a year ago. We moved on to the Mac Volo and loved the compact fold and lightweight -- perfect car/travel stroller for a 2 year old.

My question is this -- what is the best compact fold, umbrellla style stroller that accomodates an infant? I'm not a fan of putting the carseat in a stroller frame and almost never did this with my first born. I don't like the P3 -- too much plastic in the cup holders, snack trays, etc. I like a very simple stroller that lets the baby sleep comfortably flat, but light enough to travel. We checked out the Bugaboo Gecko and similar style strollers but thought they were too bulky and heavy. Any thoughts??

lilac0422
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
We have a Techno Classic and a Chicco C1 (very similar to the Zippy). I prefer the C1 at this age (5 months) because it has a better basket, is less tippy and the snack tray holds blankets and toys in the stroller. I know that we are going to like the Mac when DD is older because it has a great canopy and is very light. I like the C1 fold better because it stands up when folded but the Mac is very compact. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I found it is totally a personal preference.

Kindra178
02-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Check out the Zooper Hula - look for a 2006 model. It's not plasticy at all and seems very sturdy. Very nice fabric and a good recline.