PDA

View Full Version : Considering Phil & Ted's E3 double

youngs97
02-18-2007, 11:50 AM
How easy is it to fold and how compact? I have a 4 month old and a 25 month old. I want something I can use outdoors on walks and also take to the mall. Good fit??

Thanks for your help!

C99
02-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I think it's easy to fold, although it's a 2-part fold because you have to take the toddler seat off before you fold it. I have a 4-y/o, a 21-m/o and a new one on the way in April, but I have used the stroller for the 4-y/o and 21-m/o both outdoors on walks in our neighborhood (bumpy city sidewalks), and in the mall, at IKEA, at museums, etc.

ETA: I now drive a minivan and it fits in the cargo hold w/ plenty of room to spare. However, I used to drive a Passat Wagon and it took up less than 1/2 my trunk, with plenty of room to spare on the side and above the stroller. My previous stroller (the ABC Twin) took up the *entire* trunk.

miscelster
02-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I think it's an easy fold as well. the only difficulty is when you need to take public transportation and it's in the toddler/toddler mode b/c that is when you have the two part fold as well as the two pieces to hold onto (not to mention the 2 yr old and the 6 month old).
It's been great for me for both outdoor and indoor. I can steer it easily in the narrow aisles of the local library, and it gives a smooth ride on the bumpy sidewalks.

In terms of compactness - we recently fit it in the trunk of our Pilot - when the third row seats were up. so that's fairly compact for an all-terrain double. (note - it takes one person to close the trunk door, and another person sitting in the third row to hold onto the stroller while trunk is being closed)