PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Twin Swift Vs. Maclaren Doubles? Steering ?

smilequeen
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I am looking for a couple of double strollers for this new baby due in July and DS, who will be 31/32 months at the time. He does not ride much, but this one will be for vacations and quick trips with both kids.

Does one of these have better steering than the other?

A compactish fold is important but I tried out the combi side by sides and don't like the way they steer.

dscollier3
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
I tested (and bought) both the Maclaren Twin Techno and the Inglesina Twin Swift. I tried the Twin Techno in the mall for one hour and then bagged it up for sale. I found that I didn't like the wide set handles, (and I'm tall). It was also hard to push with the unequal weight (I had an older DS on one side with a younger DD on the other). I ended up selling the Twin Techno on local Craigslist and getting a Twin Swift for our vacation. It was a world of difference. I found myself reaching for the middle handle more times than thought I would, it pushed great even with the uneven weight and it wasn't tippy at all. It worked great and we still have it.

HTH, Sharon

smilequeen
02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Thank you :) That does help. I've been leaning towards the Inglesina, and it looked as though the extra middle handle might make it easier to steer. Bonus that it's less expensive too. Now I have to pick a color, and an all terrain double.