PDA

View Full Version : Will a Quinny Zapp work for us?

deannamorrison
02-21-2007, 01:44 AM
I just found out that I won a gift certificate to a local baby boutique and a Quinny Zapp is in my price range! Tell me..will this stroller work for a tall 3 1/2 year old(who, by the way, must be in a stroller when we are out as she is a "runner")?Please advise

Momof3Labs
02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Since the store is local, go in and play with one. I found the fold (and the unfold) to be a huge pain, and also found that my DS1 (about 2.5yo at the time) could easily tip the stroller by pushing his foot against any stable object. That's the only stroller he's ever tipped over; we used a Maclaren for him for a long time with no problems like that (and a P3 before that).

For a 3.5yo rider, I'd also look at a Maclaren Quest - light, easy to push, easy to fold, high weight limit.

cgdmom
02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
The canopy on the Zapp is pretty low, so it might be too low for a tall 3.5 y.o. My 2 y.o. is very tall for her age, and is getting pretty close to the canopy. We love the Zapp, and mostly use it indoors, so we'll just pull the canopy off when she gets too tall, but if canopy is an issue for you, it may not work. The tippiness is also a factor...it is much "tippier" than my Quest.

HTH