PDA

View Full Version : Chicco C1 questions

tracey2000
02-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi there!

I think we've just about settled on getting a C1, but hoping to get some feedback on this stroller....

The first thing I was wondering is if anyone uses this with a Snugride?

And does the C1 have a footboard on the back for a little guy to ride on (so hard to tell in the pictures online -not available at any stores around here for me to look at- and it's not mentioned in any of the descriptions I've looked at)?

Overall thoughts on the C1? We used one of those frames to plop our old Snugride in with our son, and while it was great, when he transitioned out of the Snugride and into the next stroller (we'd bought a Mac Techno) he was just a wee bit small in that for a while, and I'd really like something w/ a bar or tray, and a better basket ;).

Thanks much!

lilac0422
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I have the C1 but use it with the Keyfit. However, I would say that the Snugride would fit and be very snug with no problems at all. I am sure that someone has tried them out together and will know for sure if they work well. I would be shocked if the Snugride didn't fit because the Keyfit is pretty much the same size.

The C1 does have a foot board on the back. I only have one child but it looks to me like a child would fit quite well on the back with plenty of room to comfortably push the stroller. The foot board is good sized (I think the Zippy used to have one that is so small that it didn't work well).

Overall, we love our C1. We started out with a Techno and felt the same way as you. Our DD did not like the Techno and looked very small in it. The C1 fits her much better and she loves to sit and stroll now. I am so glad that we bought it instead of trying to deal with the Techno. The tray is a nice feature because it holds stuff in (like toys and blankets) unlike the Techno where things are constantly falling out. Also the basket, while not Graco huge, is much better than the Techno. The Techno is pretty much worthless while the C1 basket holds our smallish diaper bag, two adult winter jackets and a couple other things.

The C1 is very well made and the fabric is simple to clean. It is very well padded and we absolutely love it. I would say though that if you are tall or have a longer stride, you might (I say might because my DH at 6'2 can push the stroller okay without kicking) kick the wheels. I think that the C1 is more similar to the Zippy (if you have ever tried that IRL) in fit and finish than the P3. Hope I helped!!

tracey2000
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much, that helps a lot! I'm 5'9 and hubby's 5'8, so I'm hoping we won't kick it....

Can I ask which color you have yours in? I've been eyeballing all of the sites that carry it, but everything looks black on my monitor (I know the blackberry is a deep plum, but hard to tell what the accent colors are, and the Explorer is gray I think? But again, hard to tell the accent colors...it looks like white on my monitor =P).

seeks1
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I have the Key Fit in Explorer and it is a khaki accent but kinda of a gray khaki. Does that make any sense?

Just an FYI, I am 5'8" and kicked the C1 like crazy. I wanted to get it so bad but just couldn't do it because I would have driven myself nuts. I have a long stride and kick lots of strollers.

lilac0422
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh the other poster made me think of something. The carseats and stroller fabrics do not exactly match on the Iceberg print (not sure about Explorer but I heard it was alittle off also). I know it is true of mine and I have also read posts that confirm theirs aren't exact either. They almost match and look great together but if you are able to see the carseat colors IRL, the strollers might be a little different (Explorer and Iceberg). Although I haven't seen them IRL, I would bet that Notting Hill and Blackberry match exactly (well at least I have never heard that they aren't the same). I really don't know why E and I don't match other than they must not be made in the same place. It could just be different fabric lots but it really isn't a big deal to me so I never asked Chicco.

I have the Iceberg and the carseat is charcoal with light gray and orange accents. The stroller is charcoal (maybe a hint lighter) with tannish (is that a word...ha ha) and orange accents. I was very surprised when I opened it because I thought the stroller would have the same light gray color like the carseat. But the color is way more tan than gray.

tracey2000
02-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I went ahead and ordered the C1 and the Keyfit in the Blackberry =). Everyone seems to really love the Keyfit, and for the price Graco wants for the Snugride w/ eps (but still no side-impact =P), the Chicco seems a better deal all the way around.

BTW, got a great deal at kiwi-kids.com, and I received my shipping notice same day! A few other sites were sold out of the Blackberry, so if you're on the hunt, kiwi kids has it.

Thanks again!