PDA

View Full Version : bugster vs. verve???

shilo
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
hi all,

i'm still searching for a better option for an everyday stroller. i find myself going back to my bugaboo more and more lately and ditching the espresso, mostly just b/c the push is good but not great, and DS only tolerates the non-upright riding position so long. but the 2 part fold on the bug gets old and just isn't as toddler friendly as it was when he was younger.

so this week, i'm intrigued by three wheelers. anyone done a side-by-side comparision on the the britax verve and the valco bugster? my impression looking online is that the bugster will come out ahead on things like the basket and canopy, and the verve on price. anyone know how they push against each other? how small _is_ the basket looking thing on the britax IRL? i don't mind the price so much on either, but the bugster is in the range where i'd be afraid to leave it in the stroller parking at the aquarium or museum which kinda defeats my purpose.

sigh. does anyone make my dream stroller? lightweight, generous basket that you can actually access easily, excellent push/steering, single handlebar that is either adjustable or ok for short people, easy fold, upright seat position that still has decent recline, and maybe even a leg rest or a dream of a toddler step??? oh, and it has to be stable but doesn't have to be an umbrella fold.

thanks if anyone can fill me in on these two or give me more ideas to check out...

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

strollerqueen
02-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Yep. You're describing the Inglesina Magnum. It is a big stroller, though. Or a small pram, depending on your point of view.

shilo
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
oy, that thing weighs like 25+ pounds from what i can find online! it's beautiful, but looks like it has a 2 part fold too? sigh, if only my beloved bug had a 1 part, compact fold, i'd be set.
lori

luvmypeanut
02-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Is your ds on the tall/big side? I have the buggster because my kids are both tall and heavy. My dd isn't comfortable in the techno because the seat is narrow but loves the buggster. She's 45 pounds and it still pushes really well. I see the verve only has a limit of 40 pounds so it wouldn't be an option for us.

Joolsplus2
02-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I just got an Aria OH 2007, and it is *Fabulous*...I love my Verve, since I can cram it in the footwell of my car behind the driver's seat, but the Aria folds easier, stands alone better, has a big basket, a ratcheting canopy (to the child's snack tray), reclines and uprights better than the Verve, and takes my infant seat (not important to you, but since it weighs LESS than my Kolcraft carseat carrier, I just adore it).

I wish it had a legrest, but the leg area is very well padded by a durable flap over a smooth rounded seat frame, and the recline is good, so I don't think it's strictly necessary.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Queensgirl
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Just curious, which infant seat do you use with the Aria (I'm assuming it's not the Peg)?
Thanks

Joolsplus2
02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
The Graco Safeseat 1 :)

shilo
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM
hmm, i hadn't looked at aria's again since they used to always get nailed for their poor steering, which i confirmed when i was looking last year. i took one turn around the stroller shop and knocked it right off my list. but i think i've read something around here that they changed a bunch of stuff on the 2007's, maybe i should go start reading up. can you tell me how it steers/pushes for you - i assume that's one of the things they improved? how upright is it at its highest point - my DS basically won't sit back in the espresso and when he does, he pretty much slides right down it and winds up resting on the crotch strap, (which, honestly, i think bothers me more than him, but whatever).

oh, also, to ans. pp, he's not big at all. we're tiny around here :).

lori

Joolsplus2
03-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I'll get some pictures today and push it a little more (though I really don't kick the wheels, and my 7 yo dd was having a blast spinning the baby around, it turns on a dime, like my volo and verve do).

IKWYM about 'sliding down'...that's a funky problem with my Combi...makes the baby look really TALL at least, rofl.