PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight stroller with extendable handlebars?

jodynyc
02-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I am hoping I can get some good ideas on here for a lightweight stroller with extendable handlebars. My husband and I are expecting our first child in July. I am 5'10" and my husband is 6'4", so we need a baby stroller that will extend the handlebars a fair amount. After reading through Baby Bargains, DH had thought to try one of the Peg Perego models, but the model we looked at doesn't have extendable handlebars, and the more expensive one (Pliko?) only extends an inch or two.

A cousin suggested I look at the Maclaren. Anyone have experience with a particular model that they can recommend? We'd like to use it from the start for our newborn, although another idea would be to just snap the infant carseat into the stroller (provided that the stroller is compatible).

Thanks!
Jody

C99
02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Only the Maclaren Techno has extendable handlebars (and, like the Pliko, not by much), and it is not carseat-compatible. It is suitable for newborns, although at 18 lbs, it is what I would consider mid-weight rather than lightweight. However, even without extendable handlebars, you should be OK with just about any Mac model. I am 5'9", DH is 6'6" and of all the strollers we've owned (which number quite a few, much to my DH's dismay!), he's been happiest with the Maclarens (we've had the Global, Volo and Quest). I'd suggest that you test some Maclarens - you really just want to make sure that you can push comfortably without kicking the wheels.

AddiesMom
02-27-2007, 05:31 AM
The new Techno XLR has a bar for carseats. Just came out a few months ago.

strollerqueen
02-27-2007, 01:28 PM
How lightweight? The Red Castle City Link is an umbrella stroller with adjustable handlebars. It is coming to the US in April.