PDA

View Full Version : Quick Advise!

maureenev
02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I need some advise on a Peg Perego Atlantico. It is on ebay.....and the auction ends in less then two hours! I have a Zooper Hula, and it is great for quick outings, airline travel, etc. I need another stroller that will be more comfortable for my 15 month old son and more user friendly for longer outings. No rough terrain, just paved sidewalks and mall shopping. Though it limits my choices, it must have one handed steering (or at least on bar vs. two handles). Makes walking the dog and the baby together a little more safe! Also needs to have a snack tray and a decent size basket. Looking back at reviews, it seems like there are a lot of dedicated Atlantico fans. This one on ebay is "NIB", but the seller couldn't tell me what year it was. For $90, is it a bad choice? My other thought was the Peg Perego Centro. Not too much feedback on it yet. The few opinions I did find are mixed. Any advise would be very appreciated, even if the ebay auction has ended!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190084701671&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11

BabyBoo
02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi, I had the Atlantico Sportivo. It was a 2004 model and came with a raincover. I sold it in almost mint condition (used a dozen times)on Craigslist for $100. I loved the stroller but it was a bit heavy. Steers wonderfully, great for neighborhood walks. It is not an umbrella fold but can stand up on its own once folded. Very cushy and comfy. I drove a Jetta and it took up most of my trunk space...thus, it had to go.

HTH.

nfowife
02-27-2007, 01:41 PM
I LOVe my Atlantico. In fact, I had 2 until last week, because I loved mine so much I bought a 2nd one in a better color and sold my original one. It is a great stroller- I find that since I don't do much (any) off-trail walking or heavy duty walking it can really be my only stroller. I have used mine at zoos, paved parks, mall, etc. and it has done great. It woud be better than the centro because it has big wheels. I bought a new P3 to replace it, had both mine up for sale, and then decided I preferred the Atlantico to the P3 and so now I'm selling the P3 after using it 3 times!
Love the parent/child trays, love the big basket, roomy seat, big canopy. It is just an all-around great stroller!

NewfieNat
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I think the Atlantico would be great for your needs - especially at that price. I love mine. It has served us very well for almost 3 years. I don't use it much anymore because I mainly go off-roading but I just can't bring myself to sell it. I know Black Sable was made in 2004 but I'm not sure if it was also sold in other years.

Natalie

MNmomtobe
03-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Have the Atlantico and LOVE it! Haven't used it much because we have a P3, so DH has been wanting me to sell it. BUT we used it today because of the weather (lots o' snow in MN right now) and it did great in the slushy parking lots. It is a very cushy stroller and DD was quite comfy in it. It has great parent and child trays.

Has a large, easy to access basket. Went to Target today and it fit: a large 80 pack of diapers, a small 40 pack of diapers, an umbrella, and tons of little odds and ends.

We are planning on using the Atlantico this summer at the zoo and other all day outings.

The only negative of this stroller is the large book fold- but of course you have to expect that for all the cool features. It isn't heavy, maybe 18 or so lbs, but it feels much heavier than my P3 because of the way it folds. There is a carry handle on the stroller but it is located so high up on the stroller that it doesn't really help you get much leverage when putting it in and out of the trunk- especially if you're short (5'0") like me!

Overall, I absolutely love this stroller. Love my P3 too. I have to share the love so DH won't make me sell the Atlantico. :)

ETA: forgot to comment on the dog-walking thing. The one-handle bar of the Atlantico is ideal for that. This is something I could not do with my P3 for sure.