PDA

View Full Version : Attaching diaper bag to SBS Double stroller with long handle bar?

flickinpa
02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you ladies attach your diaper bag on SBS double strollers that have one bar like the Peg Perego Aria Twin. I am wondering if I should purchase the Inglesina Twin Swift since it has 3 handle bars and I can hang my diaper bag from the middle handle bar?
Thoughts? Suggestions?
THANKS
Elizabeth

mariza
02-28-2007, 04:00 AM
When I'm too lazy to covert my Skip Hop bag to "clip on" mode, I just stretch the bags shoulder strap across the handle.
HTH!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

klass2
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
I usually just stretch the straps over the handles too.

I used to have a Mac TT and that's what I did. But if you have an Aria, you may be able to get the little "S" or "J" hook clips that you can put onto the handle bar and then hook a bag on it.

angee80
02-28-2007, 04:01 PM
It's not a dumb questions..that was what I was wondering too. I recently purchased a Mac TT and that was one of the first things I tried. I'm able to "hang" the diaper bag across the two handles bars without the stroller tipping over. You probably can't do this with Aria Twins because it doesn't have umbrella stroller handles and you may have to purchase a stroller attachment for that use.

I know Inglesina Twin swifts have three handles and if I were to hang a diaper on this stroller, I still wouldnt use the middle handle. I think it is safer to distribute the weight evenly on both sides instead of just on one side. That's just my two cents.

flickinpa
03-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks ladies for not making me feel dumb! I guess it's off to the diaper bag board to see what bag to get (i am a backpack lover) so don't think I can hang one from the wide bar. I just purchased the 2007 Zooper Tango so can't wait to see what bag I can hang on it!
Any idea where to get the stroller bag hooks from and what they are called.
THANKS
Elizabeth

mariza
03-03-2007, 11:34 PM
These are the hooks:
http://www.babyant.com/bv022108.html
They do sell them in the BRU stores, I just couldn't find them on their website. They are in the stroller section on a display with other accessories at my BRU.
I have a 2006 Zooper and use the Skip Hop Dash (in Denim, so DH is comfortable carrying it too), I love the bag and how versatile it is. I'm not a big packer, but I find it's plenty big to hold:
* diapers for both kids
* a sippy cup & a bottle
* formula dispenser
* bottle of water
* snack cup
* a change of clothes for both kids (though I tend to pack thin extra clothes in there like cotton rompers & playdresses)
* my wallet
* wipes
* a thin blanket and some bibs or burp cloths
http://www.skiphop.com/dashdenim.html

When I use my P3 I always convert the Skip Hop to click on to the handles. With my Tango, I just shorten the strap and stretch it across the handle bar. The foam covering the handle helps keep it in place.
I also just got this to keep in my car for "emergency extras" so I can strap it on to the side of the stroller.
http://www.skiphop.com/saddlebagdetails.html

The one downside of the 2007 Zooper is that you lose the *giant* pocket on the back of the hood that the '06 model has since there is a single hood. Otherwise, the '07 is a great stroller, good luck!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

flickinpa
03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks Mariza for all that helpful info! I will check out BRU for the hooks. I may just get a bag like the Skip Hop or JuJuBe and hang it over the handle bar! We'll see.
As for the Zooper, the 2007 has 2 small pockets on the hood that act as the parent tray. And then my new diaper bag will hold everything else. Off to the diaper bag board :)
Elizabeth