PDA

View Full Version : lightweight umbrella stroller

sophiesmom
03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm thinking of a macclaren, zooper twist, or an inglesina. even though i really wanted one, i've heard from here that macs can tip, and i'm one to forget i have a bag on my stroller and it will fall!

is zooper the brand name? there is a good price online. i've heard good things about the inglesina too. i'm going to the right start on sat to look at macs and inglesina, but wanted to ask about the zooper. is it comparable to the others?

DD is 1 year, and i want to treat myself to a nice stroller. not many requirements, but a basket would be nice and a nice cover, nice steering, and higher handles (i'm not tall but like the feel of the mac handles).

thanks!

mimieliza
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I am WILD about my Zooper Twist! I got a 2006 model from Albee Baby for $109.

Here's what I love about it:
-Steering is GREAT. I actually like it better than my three-year-old P3 (which I got used on Craigslist, and will be going BACK on CL soon - I like the Twist so much more)
-Handles are nice and high (although not adjustable)
-Soooooo lightweight
-I love the accessories - the rainfly, the boot and the sun shade
-Very easy to fold and unfold
-My Safeseat fits in it securely (even though it's technically not supposed to)
-Not too tippy with my loaded diaper bag on the back

Here are the drawbacks:
-If I hang the diaper bag AND the purse, it will tip
-The basket is non-existent. I shove a waterbottle and a blanket down there, and that's about it

sophiesmom
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
wow, thanks for the info! sounds great!

do you know how the basket compares to the others?

C99
03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Macs will tip - but only if the total weight of the stuff on the back of the stroller is more than the weight of the child sitting in it. We have a Mac Volo, which is the lightest weight one there is and the ONLY time it's ever tipped is when I put a coat and a bag on the back and my child gets out.

strollerqueen
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
A couple of new ones worth checking out are the Rock Star Baby Candy and Esprit Sun Speed. I am going to have a review up of them soon.
www.gtbaby.com

mimieliza
03-02-2007, 01:01 AM
No, when I looked at the others, I wasn't really thinking about the basket (it was while I was pg), so I don't really remember.

On the Twist, the child seems to sit pretty low, which takes up basket space. OTOH, this may lower the center of gravity and reduce tippiness. It is NOT tippy at all when my baby is in the seat, and she's only 13 lbs.

sophiesmom
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks all. Still trying to decide. I think I'm going to get a Mac Volo, but that's going to be for the older 2. I like that it can go to 55 lbs, has a basket, and a sunshade. Not sure yet of color, some have posted to stay black so doesnt get dirty, but some have posted lighter colors worked fine.

For the baby, I'd like to check out the Zooper Twist. Does anyone know where they are sold other than online?

I checked out a Trip today at BRU. There was a lot I liked (handles, steering, basket, cup holder, brakes, not tippy), but some things I did not like (i thought material was rough compared to macs, the sunshade seems kind of useless, and i couldnnt figure out how to fold it).

I looked at the macs too, and could see the difference in pushing them (tippy). The slightest pull down (no child in it ) made the front pop up, where the Trip was much harder to do. I did like the fabrics better on the Macs, and i could figure out the fold right away! The ride is great though!

Will also try to check out the Rock Star lightweights. Are they designed by Jon Bon Jovi too? or just the pram? ( i looove him!)

I also saw a Britax Preview at Target. While I didn't like the handles as much as the macs/inglesina, i liked a lot of the features. I haven't read super great reviews of Britax strollers though.

Thanks!!!