PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Quest or Inglesina Trip? Help!

Rhys_mom
03-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Looking for a second stroller to complement our P3: something lighter, smaller, easier to travel with. Both my DH and I are fairly tall with long legs, so kicking the wheels is an issue for us. Our DS is 8 months old and has never been crazy about riding in a stroller -- i think he would be more comfortable in something that didn't "swallow" him up like the P3.

I haven't been able to test drive the Trip (can't find one here in San Diego), so your experiences and advice are greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and BTW: other than color choice (and price!) are there any structural differences between the 2006 and 2007 Quests??

dscollier3
03-03-2007, 01:23 AM
I compared these side by side last year and went with the Trip. It has a lot going for it in comparison. If I remember them all, here's the list: larger wheels, suspension, parent cupholder, deeper recline. I think the handles on the Trip are taller as well. As far as kicking wheels, if you're really tall, you'll have good odds of kicking the wheels of any umbrella stroller. I am 5'10" though and do okay with the Trip. I kick them occasionally, but not enough to really bug me.

For the 06 vs 07 Quest, as far as I know, it's just a fabric change.

IMO, the main benefit of the Trip over the Quest though is the suspension. It pushes better, and will continue to push easier as your child grows. The older the child in the Quest, the harder the push. I can still push my 30lb DD in our Trip with one hand. I've heard people complain that they can't do that with the Quest as their child grows.

HTH, Sharon

Rhys_mom
03-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much. Very helpful. Does it have an extendable leg rest?

I only wish I could find one locally that I could take for a test spin!!

-Serena

Queensgirl
03-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Does it have an extendable leg
>rest?

Yes.