PDA

View Full Version : What double joggers hold the most weight?

colleenfs
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm looking for a double jogger to hold my two girls (age 5 - 48 pounds and 1.5 - 25 pounds) for occasional trips to the zoo, amusement park, that sort of thing. DD (5) doesn't need a stroller on a daiy basis, but she does get tuckered out on outings with lots of walking. (We ended up renting a double at WDW a few months ago and leaving the Zippy back in the room.)

So what are my options, knowing that DD1 is almost at the 50 pound mark? Thanks! Oh, and I want swivel wheels, if that is the correct term.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

Tondi G
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Dreamer Design holds 100lbs

Mountain Buggy Urban holds 120lbs

BOB Revolution holds 100lbs

Baby Jogger city series double holds 100lbs

Instep and Schwinn safari hold 100lbs

Valco holds 90lbs

The weight limit is only one thing to consider too. make sure you try them out with your older daughter and make sure the seat isn't too narrow for her shoulders! We were all set to get a MB when DS was 4 and his brother was born.... then we sat him in one and it was rediculous. He was so squished in there! The swivel wheeled joggers are made narrower to be able to fit through doorways and such but it makes the seats narrower too!!!! Double edged sword when you have an older kiddo who still could use a ride on longer days out!

Good luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

strollerqueen
03-06-2007, 01:47 AM
I find, though, that the MBUD is the easiest to push with very heavy children in it.