PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Add-ons for BJCSD?

feierabend35
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM
We are expecting our second any day now and have a BJCSD ready to go with a snuzzler for the little one. However, I'm thinking about some add-ons like the belly bar, a cup holder, etc.

For those of you who have one (or a single for that matter) which are your favorites? They are not cheap to add-on so I want to know if people see the value to the added sunshades, belly bar, etc.

TIA!

NewfieNat
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, I typed a long response yesterday but DS hit the power button on the computer before I could post or copy it. So here it is again.

I'd get

The rain/wind cover - Especially if you live in a rainy or windy climate and plan to walk in all types of weather. I tried to save money by buying a generic version, but soon caved and spent the $60 on the BJ.

The bug/sun cover - I read somewhere that it also has UV protection built in which is important to me. Also, DD is too young to protect herself from flying insects and we have had cases of West Nile up here some summers. Again, worth the $60, although I haven't ordered it yet ;-)

The footmuffs - Of course, only if you live in a cold climate like I do. We sure love our footmuffs! We have the lilac stroller with a black footmuff for DS and a lilac footmuff for DD. If I had my time back I'd get the black stroller with one pink and one blue footmuff, but that's neither here nor there, lol.

Some kind of cup holder, whether it be the BJ Liquid Holster (I didn't want this because I thought it would increase the size of the fold and we have a small trunk) or a third party brand. I use the Built NY bottle holder. I also considered the BOB double wide console and the Carry You cup holder.

Some kind of newborn snuzzler - I see you already have one, that's good :-)

I also have a Skip Hop Expo that I sometimes attach to one side of the handlebar because I usually can't squeeze my regular diaper bag in the basket (the bar in the middle gets in the way) but it's not a necessity, nor did I buy it for this stroller.

I'd avoid

The double belly bar - I just got this yesterday and I'm very unhappy with it. I thought DS (almost 3) would really like it as he likes to hold onto the bar in his Bumbleride, but this one is different. It sits VERY close to him and he looks squished and uncomfortable. He actually wanted it GONE. I guess it may be ok when DD starts learning to sit, I'll have to wait and see.

The hat - LOL. Did you see that on their website?

Anyway, that's my long-winded opinion. HTH

Natalie

strollerqueen
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I also like the cooler. Otherwise I have drinks rolling around in the basket, or in my Skip Hop, which makes it heavier.