PDA

View Full Version : So Cal stroller shopping. Where?

mtrattner
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
We just moved and I am hoping that I can see some of the higher end strollers in stores now. We only had BRU in our town in CO. So where do I go to see these strollers in person?

I would love to see Valco Twin, Baby Jogger City Double and Bob Revolution.

We are living in Marina Del Rey so any LA stores near here? DH really wants to see the stroller before spending that much money and I agree as we want DD#1 to be comfortable.

Thanks so much!

Joolsplus2
03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Strollerqueen will know, she's your neighbor in Santa Monica :D (www.strollerqueen.com , if she doesn't pop in here anytime soon).

I had to live in MDR for a bit... never could get in to that June Gloom weather pattern...brrrr...... :P

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

strollerqueen
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Julie!

There is a surprising dearth of high-end stroller stores around here. The one indie we had here in SM is going out of business. Now we have The Right Start, and Baby Style(I think they just have a Mac and a Bug on the floor.). There is also Traveling Tikes in Century City, and Tiny World in Westwood. You can go to the manufacturer's website, and they list stores in your area.

Nooknookmom
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Janet,

Which store has a better selection to gaze at Tiny World or Trav. Tikes?

strollerqueen
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I haven't been to Tiny World since they moved to Westwood Blvd. I just hate the traffic up there! It is pretty close though now to Traveling Tikes, within 5-10 minutes. So you could easily visit both. I forgot to mention that I did check out Sid and Me in Westchester last week. Not much to see. :(

mtrattner
03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Great! Thanks so much. Bummer about the one in Santa Monica. That is where my new doctor is located. I am still learning my way around and am so grateful for the advice. Any other suggestions for life with toddler and newborn are greatly appreciated.

Strollerqueen- Would you have a recommendation for a stroller for a 2 1/2 year old and newborn. Life in CA is much different than in CO and I am not sure what stroller to get. I am leaning towards Valco Twin, Bob Duallie, and Baby Jogger City Double.

:)