PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stroller

jayali
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
We are heading to Disney next week (god help me) and I want to bring my own stroller for my almost 3 year old son. We have a Peg Perego Venezia, and I am NOT lugging that thing with us, so I want to buy a lighter more compact stroller, but don't really want an umbrella stroller. I was thinking that this new stroller will become our next stroller and we will retire the PP. Any suggestions? We really don't use the stroller much at home, DS loves to walk, so am really more concerned with something that will get us through Disney comfortably. Something he could potentially fall asleep in and that will provide ample shade coverage. He is about average for his age, 32 pounds and 36 inches. Oh yeah, and I would love a decent size basket for lugging our stuff through the park.

Please post any and all thoughts.

TIA

sobers3
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
The new Aria OH, it's the 2007 model would be perfect for you. The seat is roomy and steers well with my 40 pound DGS. On the new model the shade comes down to the tray and it has a big basket. Have fun in Disney!

egoldber
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
LOL! I just took my PP Venezia to Disney in January, but because I wanted something that reclined flat for Amy and so that Sarah could ride on the footboard (and she did quite a bit).

But for one older child, something like a Mac Volo is definitely the way to go.

Have you been to Disney before? I would encourage you not to stuff the stroller baskets with stuff because you need to fold the stroller to ride the buses and the trams from the parking lots. I usually carry things into the parks in plastic grocery bags, then put the bags in the basket or else hang them on the stroller handles. They habg down low on the stroller and don't make it tip.

jayali
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. I am an obsessive overpacker so I will definitely take your advice. We are going to test drive stroller, with DS tomorrow. Since he never really was a stroller kid this should be interesting.

Melanie
03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
My advice is something that won't flip backwards when you have your two tons of stuff hanging off of it as your Ds gets in and out. Though I did make it through many trips with my Mac, it was just a nuisance to say, "Wait! stop! don't get out until I take my bags off."

egoldber
03-12-2007, 07:09 AM
The advantage to the grocery bags is that they hang really low on the stroller handles, so it doesn't tip when the child gets out. Its not the most attractive option, but its certainly the most economical one. ;) It also helps to identify my stroller in a sea of identi-strollers.