PDA

View Full Version : Rock Star Baby Candy vs Esprit Sun Speed? StrollerQueen??

bubbaray
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
What's the difference? Same manufacturer IIRC. The Candy is 14lbs, the Sun Speed 13lbs.

Anyone know the difference???

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

strollerqueen
03-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes, I know, lol! I just compared both of them on my website, under "Stroller O' the Month", March. www.strollerqueen.com

I have pictures of all the differences. I did weigh them both at 14.5 pounds, though. I weighed them several times to make sure.

bubbaray
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
OK, I'm an idiot. Should have looked there first. I'll blame baby brain....

I'm leaning towards the Candy.

Thanks, as always (doing royal curtsey!)

Melissa

strollerqueen
03-09-2007, 10:52 PM
LOL, thank you! :) At first, I didn't really see the difference, or why one was $40 more than the other. But after using them both, I prefer the Candy, too! I think they are both super cute. I am so impressed by the full recline, large seat, and pretty good canopy on both. But the Candy is just, well, better overall.

The Review Mommy
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Stroller Queen,

Oh Please, Oh Please tell me about the double! 199.99 for a double with full recline?! I can't wait for you to make a "doubles" page on your website. I've been looking at the Tango, Swift, Chicco C5, and 2007 Aria. I need specs and obsticale course reviews! :D I heard the Aria was improved this year but wonder if that included the double. Canopy, and steering. I read through your 2007 show and it mentioned a 60/40. Are all of them like this? I'm looking for something for twins. :) :)

I'm still waiting for Peg, Inglesina, and Chicco to wake up and make me an awesome double after their winners P3/Zippy/C1. I want my snack tray, toddler step and upright seat with umbrella fold! They'd make a killing off these! Please speak up for us!

It's too bad they don't make the Esprit in the hip RSB-those are my initials lol! :)

Rebekah

strollerqueen
03-10-2007, 05:33 PM
LOL, duly noted and I will! :) In the meantime, I can just extrapolate that from the single version of the Sun Speed, the Duo should be pretty good. Better than anything else on the market for $199, anyway. ;)

The Review Mommy
03-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Thank You Thank You! :D

bubbaray
03-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope to have a Candy by the end of this week -- they are sold out everywhere here. Will post a review then.

Just got my '07 P3 in Revi Black today. Sweeeeeet! :)

DH is just shaking his head, yet again. But, I sold my SC Micro so he can't complain too much.

Melissa

Keiras mom
03-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the info. I am trying to decide between a Maclaren Techno XT, Zooper twist, and a STB Candy. I haven't been able to test run the Candy, yet though. No one can keep them in stock. I will be awaiting your review. Does anyone know how the RSB Candy handle height compares to the techno?

Chris

DD 01/2006

sarnacle
03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Just saw that you're considering the Twist. I've had one for a little over a year, and I'm not terribly impressed. It's done it's job, but I do have a few complaints. It seems harder to push than the Macs, and forget about doing it one-handed. Basket's hard to access when the seat's reclined. The lock almost always slips inside the frame when you close it unless you hold it while you fold. On the plus side, it's not as tippy as Macs and is less expensive than they are too -- plus you get the sun shield, rain cover, and boot ('a la Zooper.) It's fine, but don't expect anything amazing. Just my two cents.

Sarah

>Thanks for the info. I am trying to decide between a Maclaren
>Techno XT, Zooper twist, and a STB Candy. I haven't been able
>to test run the Candy, yet though. No one can keep them in
>stock. I will be awaiting your review. Does anyone know how
>the RSB Candy handle height compares to the techno?
>
>Chris
>
>DD 01/2006

vonfirmath
03-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Stroller Queen,

Oh Please, Oh Please tell me about the double! 199.99 for a double with full recline?! I can't wait for you to make a "doubles" page on your website. I've been looking at the Tango, Swift, Chicco C5, and 2007 Aria. I need specs and obsticale course reviews! :D I heard the Aria was improved this year but wonder if that included the double. Canopy, and steering. I read through your 2007 show and it mentioned a 60/40. Are all of them like this? I'm looking for something for twins. :) :)

I'm still waiting for Peg, Inglesina, and Chicco to wake up and make me an awesome double after their winners P3/Zippy/C1. I want my snack tray, toddler step and upright seat with umbrella fold! They'd make a killing off these! Please speak up for us!

It's too bad they don't make the Esprit in the hip RSB-those are my initials lol! :)

Rebekah

*wry* I want the Candy made in the cool Sun colors!