PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Trip or RSB Candy?

michele0901
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I've been researching info about a stroller for my 7-mo old. Currently, all we have is his car seat and snap-and-go. He hates that now because he wants to sit up and see the world! He's also started standing, so I think he will want to be mobil pretty soon. Hence our idea of getting a some what lightweight stroller (don't think we need a full-featured one). Mostly we use it for walks in the neighborhood and the occasional outing (we're not mall shoppers).

Anyhow, my question is this - Does the Trip sound better than the RSB Candy? Is there another stroller out there I should be considering at the sub-$200 range?

Thanks for your advice!

grantsmommy
03-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. My son is 5 months old now but will be 7 months when we take him on his 1st trip. We currently have a Zooper Waltz but it folds flat and so it's bulky and too heavy to lug around the airport.

I am currently searching for that 2nd umbrella stroller for traveling. I was going to compare the Inglesina Trip, Zooper Twist and the Mac Quest. But after reading through the message board I read about the RSB Candy or the Silver Cross Pop. I'm debating about including those in the comparison!

From what I know, the Mac's the lightest but will likely pass on it because of the infamous tippiness. The Twist is the next lightest at 13.5 lbs and then the Trip is around 14.5 lbs and so is the RSB Candy. I'm leaning toward the Trip but you really don't know until you test drive them at the store. We were considering the Ingesina Zippy but my husband kept kicking the back wheels so we got the Zooper instead. We will have to pass on the Trip if he kicks those wheels too...

Between the Zooper and Inglesina, I think the Inglesina drove better. But we are fine with the Zooper.

Have you checked out the Trip and Candy yet? We will probably go and bring our son in a few weekends from now.

Renee

bubbaray
03-24-2007, 08:06 AM
My thoughts on the Candy. I can't comment on the Trip, but I did have an '04 Swift. Comparing to the Swift, I'd probably get the Candy.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=14&topic_id=81769&mode=full&page=2

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

pastrygirl
03-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I sometimes kick the wheels on the Trip. It's not because of the length of my stride, though, it's because the gap between the wheels is a little narrow. BUT, I'm able to avoid kicking most of the time. I haven't used it all that much because of the winter (I use my BOB) but plan to start using it in now that the weather's getting warmer, the snow is melting, and the potholes are being filled in.

Also, I can't steer it one-handed. I don't know if any of the other strollers in this class can be steered one-handed, but I wish I had looked. I tried a few Macs (Volo, Quest) and didn't like them at all compared to the Trip. I didn't have access to a RSB or other brands.

Those are my only complaints with it. It feels very sturdy, nicely padded, reclines enough for a newborn next time around (my son is 9 months old), and folds up easily.