PDA

View Full Version : best place to sell a stroller?

elismummy
03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a valco twin tri-mode (I just had my 2nd child in January), but my husband (who is our primary caregiver) doesn't like it. I think that I need to sell it since it is just going to sit in our garage unused. I was wondering if anyone can help me with the best place to sell it? I thought of:

1. Ebay--only a few valcos for sale there by "stores" not sure how it would fare and if it would be worth the ebay surcharge.

2. Craigslist--we are in Rochester, NY where everyone uses Graco's. I doubt anyone would want it here.

3. Strollerswap: I have read about this here on this board, but don't really know much about it/how it works.

Anyone have any ideas/advice? I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Kati

nfowife
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I would do craigslist first for 2 weeks or so; if no bites then do strollerswap or ebay. Strollerswap is a message board for buying/selling strollers and is great. But you have to be prepared to ship the stroller with ebay and strollerswap. I've sold strollers on swap and ebay and prefer swap. It helps to have lots of pictures and have the stroller boxed up so you can weigh/measure it to give accurate shipping quotes as well.

mtrattner
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Do you mind sharing why DH didn't like the Valco? We were considering buying one but maybe you can explain why it didn't work for him. Valco is one of the 3 top contenders for us.

Thanks for sharing.

elismummy
03-13-2007, 01:24 PM
First of all, I want to say that I really LIKE this stroller, it is so cushy, the push/ride are amazing, and my 2yo son climbs up in it asking to go for a walk (something he has never done with any other stroller).

DH was hoping to use it when he is home with the kids and when he is out and about. For home/neighborhood use it works fine, but it is very heavy and just barely fits in our CRV. He is just not happy with the amount of time/effort that it takes to get it in and out fo the car all the time.

We are thinking of continuing to use our two singles for now when we are together, him using one single and a sling/bjorn when he is alone, and getting one of the new P&T GT's when they come out fo satify our double need since it can be folded with both seats on.

He does have a cheap transit tandem that he can use for the times when he has to have a double in the meantime.

Does that help? I do think it is an awesome stroller, it is just so heavy and doesn't work for us as an everyday in/out of the car. I don't think it is worth keeping just for neighborhood walks.. . .

Hope this helps!

mtrattner
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks. That definitely does help. We still haven't been able to see one in real life but we are interested in it. Ours would mostly be an every day outside stroller. Living in CA we plan on it mostly storing in the garage and going for neighborhood walks or down to the beach or street fairs. For the occasional mall trip or whatever I will just bjorn baby or put her in the Mac. DD1 likes to walk so she rarely rides anymore but long trips outside she gets tired at times.

Thanks again. Wish you lived closer so we could see the stroller and maybe buy it. Best wishes.

elismummy
03-14-2007, 05:09 PM
No problem. Like I said, I think it is a great stroller for the neighborhood walks etc, just doesn't work for us for all that we need it for. Good luck with your search!

countrymommy
03-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi!

Let me know if you do list it on ebay or in the D&C. I'm right around the corner from you in Batavia,(in fact both our kids were born in Rochester) and we are interested in purchasing a one. So if you do sell it, I'd be interested. Drop me an email!:) Best of luck in your decision...