PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Ted's e3 Twin Buggy or Maclaren Twin Techno?

CaydenGrace
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
The two SBS strollers I've narrowed our search down to are the Phil & Ted's e3 Twin Buggy and the Maclaren Twin Techno.

Which of these would be the better fit for parents of twins? We would like a sbs, but I just don't know the pro's and con's of either of these two strollers.

Also, when it comes to colors, which colors do you like in both strollers? Silly, but I worry about colors being too light, and getting dirty easier than normal. We're first time parents, so no experience here.

nfowife
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think the e3 would work for twins until they were both about 5 months old. The rear seat isn't newborn appropriate so you wouldn't have a spot for both kids. If you were using a double snap 'n go in the beginning, then after that you could use the e3. The E3 would be better for outdoors because of the air tires. The maclaren would be wider and has much smaller wheels.

CaydenGrace
03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm actually talking about this Phil & Ted Twin Buggy that is a sbs stroller : http://www.strollermama.com/philandteds-twin.htm

It says it can be used with newborns and up until 88 pounds I believe.

HannaAddict
03-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I would not get the P&T Twin side by side buggy. Santa brought one this year and it went back after a couple of weeks of obsessing over its shortcomings and if I could live with them. It lacks many features you should be getting for the money it costs. Terrible sun canopies that must be snappped to the frame to stay open and not saggy. It is heavy and cumbersome and hard to fold. When the seats are reclined, the back hangs open with just some plastic velcro attached "shields" and creates a wind tunnel effect. The recline isn't easy to do, you have to unthread the straps, etc. I loved the way it looked, it was tall, dark and handsome and I was sad to return it, but I knew that its looks couldn't overcome the poor design. It is really a shame, with a little work it could be a nice stroller. If you thinking along those lines though, i would try a MBUD or Baby Jogger City Series double. The Baby Jogger has great canopies, one hand recline for sleeping babies and is easy to fold. The MBUD is a great stroller too and there are tons of posts here about why.

Congratulations and good luck stroller shopping.
Kimberly