PDA

View Full Version : Revised review of Sit-n-Stand Elite Double

LarsMal
03-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Last week I posted about this stroller, and I didn't have the best opionon of it. I thought I would end up returning it, but after a week of using it I think I actually kind of like it!

It's definitely not the "perfect" stroller, but I really don't think I'll ever find that anyway! One of my biggest complaints was that DS didn't seem to have enough leg space when the back seat was in and DD was in her car seat in the front. Playing around with it, though, I found out you can unsnap the footrest in the back seat, which gave DS much more leg room. It's definitely easier to put him in first, but with the extra room in the back now, I can slide him in pretty easily if the car seat is already in.

The one complaint I still have is that the back seat's most upright position is too reclined. It's a little annoying right now, but once DD starts riding w/o the car seat she'll go in the back (and the recline will be good for her) and DS will go in the front- with the snack tray and better view.

I've used the stroller a lot over the past week. I've taken it to a couple of places with gravel trails (and even taken it on grassy hills) and it did better than I was expecting. The rubber tires are proving to be really good. It's kind of heavy to push up hills, but I just consider it a workout! It's not as good as a jogger or all-terrain stroller, but I was pretty impressed with it's "off-roading" abilities.

I know some of you are considering this stroller. While it could still use some improvements, I think it's actually worth the money.

HTH!

Oh...and I also didn't think you could fold it up w/the car seat attachment on it, but you can, so that makes it even easier to fold up (and it's a pretty easy fold).

melrose7
03-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I am glad to know you are keeping it. This is in the top running for my double stroller in a couple months. How big is your DS? That was my concern about the back seat being cramped since my DD is 34inches and 23lbs at 20 months and my baby is due in july. But taking of the footrest seems like a good plan. My DDs feet are already going past the footrest on her highchair and I'm ready to get a booster for her. Does he mind being reclined a little bit? my DD will not sleep in the stroller so the recline isn't a concern for both seats.

my other question is if the snack tray on the front snaps on and off easily? the stroller i have now it is so hard to get the tray on. do you think your DS will be comfy using it a sit n stand also? I am also considering a SBS but i can't find one that will take my are seat and i know this one does.

Thanks for the update!!

LarsMal
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
DS is 18 months, almost 25 pounds and 31 1/2 inches. He doesn't seem to mind the reclined position too much- although, I will confess I'm not diligent (or do I mean vigilant?!) about buckling him in. He is really good about not climbing out, so unless we're on uneven ground, I just sit him in the seat and he sits himself upright. I have buckled him in, though, and he seemed okay with the recline. A couple times I put a rolled up blanket or a jacket behind him and that seemed to help. That might not be ideal in July, though!

The tray is really easy to get on and off (as is the car seat adapter).

I think DS will be fine in the sit-n-stand when the time comes. I like this one because it actually has a back to the "sit" part, not all of them do. I think that will help.

Good luck with your decision! I'm happy to answer any other questions you think of!

mom2jakobandlukas
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
what size car do you have? for trunk space?

LarsMal
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a minivan. One with a well in the trunk space. The stroller fits nicely in the well.

mom2jakobandlukas
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
i have a chevy cavalier. hmmm lol

natmurr
03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Will it work with a Graco Safeseat 1? I can't find any info on this, and I seem to remember someone on these boards saying the SS1 won't work with sit n stand or snap n go.

Any info on this would be really helpful!

Thanks
Natalie

mom2jakobandlukas
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
i was told if a snugride fits then a safeseat will as well. no personal exp. tho.

LarsMal
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
We have a SnugRide. I don't know about the Safeseat.

mom2jakobandlukas
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
think the stroller would fit in a cavaliers trunk if all alone?

i used to have a ginormous evenflo full size stroller that was part of a travel system we couldsqueeze in there

LarsMal
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I think it would fit. I actually thought it was going to be a lot bigger than it is. I don't think it's any bigger than most of the other tandem strollers.

My brother has a cavalier, but he's not around now or I'd see if I could get it in there! I'll see him in a couple weeks, though, so if you haven't decided by then I'll do a test for ya!