PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego P3

MomtoDiego
03-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I just bought a P3 and have used it once. So far I like it but noticed I have to manually snap the front in when I open it, which is kind of a pain. Not necessarily a deal breaker but for the money I would think it would be a little easier. Does anyone else have this problem? Am I opening it wrong or is it just the one I picked? Thanks for any help/suggestions.

luvsviola
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Do you mean that the tray doesn't line up perfectly? If so, yes, mine does that. It opens fine, but I am fairly anal about the tray being perfectly open and I always fix it. DH could care less.

mom2jakobandlukas
03-18-2007, 10:19 PM
mine is that way,but it is over a yr old now. didn't always happen. it is a huge pain most days to open!

i have to push on the seat for the bars to lcok into place in order for it to fully open. :(

Tondi G
03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Mine is the same but I have noticed recently that it seems to be clicking in better now that it's been used a while! My older Pliko was better than the P3 in this dept but I'm still happy with my P3!

~Tondi

wencit
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
When you open up the stroller, try stepping on the little black plastic piece in the center of the toddler board, putting a little weight on it, and then quickly pushing down hard on the handles with a flicking motion of your wrist. Kind of hard to describe, but it definitely helps to step on the toddler board. Not sure why.

kristin7701
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
It doesn't sound like you are opening it quite right. When the stroller is completely opened but not yet locked in, pull the handles toward you and down just a bit. Then quickly push them forward and the stroller should snap by itself. I have friends who have to manually snap theirs, but they are using an older, hand-me-down version. Yours should definitely snap in without having to do it manually.

kep
03-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Hmmm. My P3's a couple of years old, (maybe a 2005?), and I've always had to manually click it into place. In fact, I used to push on the sides of the stroller (where the arm rests would be), and I've actually bent my frame from doing it. Darn it! After that happened I started bending down and actually pushing the front into place with my hands. The stroller still works, but it just looks a little crooked now. :(

Good thing I have a new double now... :) Yes, I agree, for the money, you would think it would be easier.

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

MNmomtobe
03-26-2007, 10:23 PM
This is what we do also to get the front to snap in.

Melanie
03-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I have to do this as well. It's not a huge deal to me, but I did find it strange. Still my hands-down favorite stroller EVER!