PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for the trunk?

MimiSirois
03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Soon I will be moving DS out of his infant seat. Currently I keep a Graco car seat carrier in the car for short trips into DS's preschool or quick errands (I keep another stroller in my garage for walks in our hilly, bumpy-sidewalked neighborhood). Can anyone recommend a stroller I can keep in the trunk?

Basically, I want something that is light, compact, decent basket, and has a sunshade. Since it is not my main stroller and will be used for short jaunts (but daily), I do not want to spend a lot of money if it's not necessary.

TIA!
Michele

C99
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I'd dump the decent basket requirement, because it will expand your options. I'd recommend the Chicco Capri or Maclaren Volo as a good trunk stroller.

MimiSirois
03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
>I'd dump the decent basket requirement, because it will
>expand your options. I'd recommend the Chicco Capri or
>Maclaren Volo as a good trunk stroller.

Thank you! I will look into those further.

The basket being usable is quite important to me! I HATED my Combi Savvy, mainly for that reason, which I purchased online after the recommendations on here (5 years ago).

Also, after I hit "send," I realized another important thing to me. I don't like 2-handled strollers. I like just 1 handlebar. I believe both of the 2 suggested have a separated handlebar.

Thus, I would love more suggestions!

TIA!
Michele

lilac0422
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM
The 2 handed strollers are usually better for trunk strollers because their fold is more compact. I don't have any suggestions because I am not up on book fold strollers. Hope you find a good one!!

Nooknookmom
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I hear pretty good reviews on the *2007* (NOT '06) Peg Perego Aria. Accessible basket, single bar, hood goes all the way down now, don't know about steering though. Also Inglesina has the Espresso which is similar to the Aria. One of the Zoopers (Waltz maybe) also has a single bar and an ok basket.

HTH

MimiSirois
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
>The 2 handed strollers are usually better for trunk strollers
>because their fold is more compact. I don't have any
>suggestions because I am not up on book fold strollers. Hope
>you find a good one!!

Thanks! I have a Honda Odyssey and I usually keep one side down in the back for the dog. So, actually, an umbrella stroller probably wouldn't be as good as one that folds in half the other way. I'm not sure if that is clear! In other words, the spot I'll keep the stroller in is deep, but not as wide as a regular car trunk.

Thanks again!
Michele

MimiSirois
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
>I hear pretty good reviews on the *2007* (NOT '06) Peg Perego
>Aria. Accessible basket, single bar, hood goes all the way
>down now, don't know about steering though. Also Inglesina
>has the Espresso which is similar to the Aria. One of the
>Zoopers (Waltz maybe) also has a single bar and an ok basket.
>
>HTH

Is this Baby BARGAINS?!...LOL!...aren't those strollers around the $200 range?

Thx!
Michele

Nooknookmom
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't know $$ on them - they're too small for me. I need a tank b/c I carry too much, um, junk! Someone on the board has an '07 Aria and LOVES it.

I'm sure there has to be an online store that is lower than some or even on Ebay.

ETA: here's a link to a 2005 Aria it's only $99. Also the 06 is only $139 I think. Remember tho that the canopy, steering, etc. isn't as good as the 2007. Maybe another brand on the Albee site will fit the bill too. They tend to have great sales!

http://www.specialtybaby.com/pegpe20armts.html

C99
03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I have a toyota sienna and know what you mean about the trunk space, but when I store my Volo in the trunk, it's usually upright anyway. I really don't think you are going to find a cheap stroller, under $100, that is lightweight, has a good basket, easy-fold, single-handle and not a Combi. That is a tall order. Maybe a BabyTrend stroller, or Graco MetroLite?

strollerqueen
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Chicco Cortina. $99 on Ebay NIB.