PDA

View Full Version : best jogging/walking stroller?

mmd7s
03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Can anyone offer advice on a good jogging/walking stroller. I really need it more for speed walking and gravel trails in our development. I was looking at the Baby Jogger City Series, the BOB, and Phil and Ted's e3. I am also trying to decide if it makes sense to get something now that could accomodate a 2nd seat for baby number 2 down the road. I just have a 4 mo. old now. Also, I am worried if I get the Phil and Ted's e3 now, in a few years they will no longer be making a second seat to accomodate the e3 since they are coming out with a new model. Does anyone know anything about this or have any suggestions in general on jogging strolles?

strollerqueen
03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Those are not actually jogging strollers, they are considered A/T. Joggers have big, fixed wheels and handbrakes. But those are all good walking strollers. I would add the Mountain Buggy to the mix. It would be the most rugged of the lot. www.mountainbuggyusa.com
But if you want something that will take an add-on seat, your choices are the E3, or Valco: www.valcobaby.com

Tondi G
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
yes but which is a better stroller the E3 or the Valco?

strollerqueen
03-20-2007, 12:16 AM
The Mountain Buggy would be my first choice in this situation. I would worry about having a stroller for two, down the road, when I actually needed it. But between the Valco and E3, the Valco is a little heavier, more rugged, more plush, with a shorter seatback. The E3 is nimbler, narrower, has a taller seatback, easier fold.

mmd7s
03-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am now looking at the Mountain Buggy and E3. I hear they are coming out with a new E3. If I get an old one, will I still be able to buy a compatible second seat in a few years? Will they still be making them?

strollerqueen
03-20-2007, 09:31 PM
That is very iffy. I wouldn't count on it. If you get the old one, then get the add-on seat. Otherwise, just wait until you actually need it, and get the current model.

mmd7s
03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks. In that case I am going to wait on a double. I found a 2006 MBUS for $360. I am trying to decide between that and a 2007 BOB Revolution. Which is the better stroller for neighborhood walks on gravel trails, the beach and outings in town? Also, the MBUS has the optional footboard. Does te BOB have this? Do both accomodate the Graco SafeSeat? Thanks for your help!
Megan

newmomto1
03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I vote BOB ALL THE WAY!!!
It's by far my FAVORITE for long walks on even, uneven terraine, etc. I LOVE my BOB!
I also own a BJCS & have tried several others. In my experience, the BOB is the best, smoothest, easiest to push out there.

rkw831
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I vote BOB too! Both my daughter and myself love our BOB! It's great on pavement, gravel, uneven terrain and fantastic in sand!!!

Good luck!

hipmaman
03-22-2007, 04:01 PM
In this case, I would go with a fixed wheel instead of the ones you mentioned which all have swivel wheels.

gatorsmom
03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I have an MBUS and love it. It is light, extremly durable, and very user friendly. I loved it so much that when DS#2 came around, we bought an MBUD!!

The MBUS does accommodate the Graco infant seats as well as the Peg Perego infant seats. I bought my MBUS and MBUD for speed walking and light jogging on the roads around our house which are in terrible condition- think crumbling pavement, dirt and gravel trails. It is wonderful. If you need to, you can always fix the front wheel. I've never needed to and I walk 5 miles a day (in the summer) with it. I have even pushed it through snow.

As for outings in town, my MBUS and MBUD are my all purpose strollers. We've taken them to the mall, outdoor fairs in the summer, and we always take them on the airplane with us whenever we travel (we gate-check them). I can't imagine being in a busy airport with a child running around!!!!

If you have anymore questions, just pm me. I'd be happy to answer!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

strollerqueen
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
That's a good point. We also like the Mountain Buggy Terrain a lot, for that purpose.

www.mountainbuggyusa.com