PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about Graco Duoglider...Can Anyone Help?

HIU8
03-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Ok, I'm confused. What is the difference between the duoglider LX and the LXI?

I live in what I would call designer stroller land when it comes to singles. But with doubles, although you can find most anything at the specialty stores (we looked at the MBUD, Valco twin trimode, Bob Duallie, BJCSD, P&T e3 twin, and Jane Powertwin), most of what you see are duogliders.

DS is 2.5 and is 25 lbs and about 35 inches (all torso). DD will be born in June. We have a PP Primo Viaggio that we will use in the back seat of the stroller sometimes (I like the option of not having to use the infant seat all the time). We actually tried this and it fits in really well. DH and I like this stroller because it fits into our budget (I just recently lost my job and won't be going back to work full-time) and we can't agree on any other stroller (DH isn't crazy about using an AT SBS all the time). Plus, we currently have a P3 which we love, and hope to use with DS on the footboard and DD in the seat eventually (for short trips).

DH and I decided to get this stroller to start and then look into an AT or jogger for the neighborhood that we would just keep in the garage.

So, we narrowed it down to the duoglider LX or LXI, but for the life of me, I cannot tell what the difference between those two models is.

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07

mom2jakobandlukas
03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
unless they changed it up again these are the difference......

one has the small extension on the visor,like a rain flap and the seats are both 5 point now instead of 3. i think that was it .oh! and new colors! lol

HIU8
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
That is what I thought. When I emailed Gracobaby.com I was told that the LX and LXI don't matter (both have that visor now). It's the model number you have to pay attention to. So some LX's and some LXI's have the 4 position recline on the rear seat and others don't--some only have the 2 position recline. same with the basket that can come off the bar in the back. it depends on the color. Most websites that sell the duoglider don't list all the little discrepancies. DH and I would like to get the duoglider, but want to make sure we are getting the model with the features that we want--which I think is the metropolitan LXI.
I don't know why they make this so confusing.

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07