PDA

View Full Version : inglesina trip

bunyvet
05-15-2007, 04:56 PM
HI all,
I was looking at the Inglesina Trip stroller but I am unable to see one in person anywhere in Michigan! I am wondering if this is because it is not a good stroller or what? Maybe it is too similar to the Swift? Does anyone have one that loves it or have any other suggestions for a similar stroller I might be able to look at in person? I looked at a Mac Quest but it is more expensive. Maybe one of the Zoopers (they have so many!)?
Thanks for your help. My DS is almost 4 months and I would like something besides my Bumbleride Rocket (which we LOVE for the outdoors) for travel and small errands.
Andrea

Rhys_mom
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Andrea,
I just bought a Trip and I love it. I had the same problem as you did -- couldn't find any in San Diego to test drive; i think it might be a distributor issue rather than a quality issue.

It was between a MacQuest and a Trip -- I agonized over this decision for weeks, posted questions online, talked to stroller consultants (Jo at Let's Go Strolling), etc. Finally settled on this one and am really happy. I can't compare it directly to the MacQuest since i've never used one, but the Trip steers like a dream, it's light, easy to open AND best of all... it's not tippy if you put your diaper bag or purse on the handle (which apparently isn't the case with the MQ). I didn't think this would be an issue, but it surprised me how many times I've taken DS out of the stroller without thinking of all the bags hanging from the handlebars... and the stroller didn't tip.

The one con is the underseat basket (which is way small). But other than that, no complaints!

-Serena

bunyvet
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM
thanks for the info Serena!
Does anyone also know if there is a difference between the 2006 and 2007 Trip or Urbe besides the colors? FOund the Trip 2006 at babiesrus for $129 and was thinking of ordering it. Any info greatly apprectiated!
Andrea

yoyosma
05-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I also want to know if there a difference between the 2006 and 2007 Trip models?
Right now I am agonizing over the Quest vs the Trip and any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Yesterday I pushed a Mac Techno, with a child in it and it was tippy! Yes there was a diaper bag but even with the child it tipped, so I dont know!!! (sorry for my hijacking and rant, but this is stressful)

dscollier3
05-17-2007, 09:49 AM
The 07 Trip has an extra panel on the hood, like a visor, but that's about it for changes. If you're comparing against the Quest, the Trip is a great option. It has larger wheels, a suspension and a deeper recline than the Quest does, but weighs about the same. Oh, and there's a parent cupholder, lol. Never hurts to throw in a cupholder. The Trip is definitely less tippy than the Macs are.

HTH, Sharon

bunyvet
05-18-2007, 07:12 PM
The panel on the 2007 Trip-- is that supposed to be like the one on the Urbe? I have seen pics and descriptions of the Trip but I am unsure of what you ar referring to.
Thanks,
Andrea

pastrygirl
05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I really like my Trip! I like it better than the Macs that I tried out. It just felt sturdier and the fabric was nicer. It reclines great for little babies. (I think the Swift doesn't recline as much?)

bunyvet
05-20-2007, 07:57 PM
update-- DH LOVES the Urbe- he does not mind the bit of extra weight from Trip to Urbe-- I can lift it in and out of car and he promises to carry it through airports etc when we travel. so, that might be the stroller that we order. So hard to decide! Geez! I am getting a little bit fixated on this but I really want a stroller that we will love and ds will enjoy riding in for next 4 years!
Andrea