PDA

View Full Version : BJCSD Carseat Adaptor Bar coming in July 2007

HIU8
05-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Just an FYI for anyone who wanted to know... I just spoke with Baby Jogger. The carseat adaptor bar for the double will work much like the single, so it should fit the graco seats and all other seats the single fits. Also, the single is $59 and the double should be at or close to that price. It will debut in July 2007 at Baby Jogger and any other authorized Baby Jogger retailers.

HTH someone.

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07

table4three
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Perfect timing for me since DD comes in August and i already bought the BJ. I was planning on not using a carseat in the stroller, but I may get the adapter for those times it will be more convenient not to move DD. Now the BJCSD is THE perfect stroller, IMHO! :)

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

HIU8
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I second that. The stroller, which I was sort of hemming and hawing over after purchase is going to become my workhorse. Even DH who wanted the tandem liked this better when he used it in the store. We got the Ice Blue 2007 and it should be in the store and ready for pickup by Friday. We could have gotten the 2006 but liked the canopy on the 2007 much better.

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07

amycd
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know if you can easily remove the carseat adaptor bar? I'd like to be able to easily use the stroller with and without the carseat. I think the MBUD car seat adaptor was difficult to remove/install.

youngmommy
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Any updates on the car seat adapter?
Thanks!

youngmommy
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Any updates on the car seat adapter?
Thanks!

sadiespetunia
06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know if you can use a Combi with the adapter?

veronica
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I just called Baby Jogger and was told there was no firm date but they expect the fall. Has anyone hear differently lately? Bummer, since DC#2 is due in a month and I was hoping this was the stroller for me!

HIU8
06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
That stinks. When I called in May they said July. I wish they could just get a firm date already.

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

youngmommy
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I e-mailed Baby Jogger this morning and got a similar answer:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Baby Jogger,

I am writing to ask about the Baby Jogger City Series Double Car Seat
Adapter.
My second child arrived about 3 weeks ago, and I have been holding off
on ordering one of your double strollers until I can be sure to be able
to get the car seat adapter with it.
Please let me know when it will be available. Thanks.

-(Me)

Dear (Me),
How are you? Congratulations on the birth of your baby! The car seat
adapter for the City series will hopefully be coming out this Fall. We
were anticipating a sooner release date but it has been pushed back a
few times. I am so sorry about this. The stroller can be used right
now without the adapter as long as you use a neck support. Please let
me know if you have any questions. Take care and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Sarah Graves
The Baby Jogger Company
(800) 241-1848
(804) 262-6277 (fax)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't you just hate when there's just one issue with your perfect stroller? Ugh! By the time the adapter bar comes out, I'm sure I won't really want/need it anymore. I will probably end up with this stroller anyway, but I find this whole thing extremely annoying!

HIU8
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
FWIW I bought the stroller for my 2.5 yr old DS and now 9 day old DD. I have a snuzzler that I will be using with DD (haven't taken her out in it yet b/c it has just been to hot). If the carseat adapter really isn't out until the fall I'm just going to skip it I think. I would have really liked to have it this summer, but.... I still think this stroller is it for me as far as the purchase of a double (although I'm being given a previously owned double Maclaren for the car).

My 2.5 yr old DS rode in it yesterday and was very comfortable in it.

HTH

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

redheadmom
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
YES - you can easily remove the crossbar for the carseat. The side support bars can stay on. I do this all the time -- use the adapter for car trips and remove the bar when I want to just walk in the neighborhood. SO EASY. Just don't misplace the bar...

LexyLou
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh, this is a bummer. I would have ordered the BJCSD today if I knew I could get the carseat adapter...now I'm still not sure what to do.

http://b2.lilypie.com/LwDDm4/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/SreFm4/.png