PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Lightweight Stroller for 1 month Abroad - Tall parents

ChristinaLucia
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
We are taking our 14 month old DD to Spain for a month. We won't be traveling all over, mainly staying in one town with cobblestone streets. DH is 6'4 and I am 5' 10" and we are wondering what stroller we should take over there.

Our strollers now just won't cut it - Right now we are waiting on delivery of a Chariot with jogging, strolling and biking attachments but that will be too big. We also have a Kool Stride and a Fisher Price Infant to Toddler that we hate and DD is way too big for anyway.

Any suggestions for us? TIA!!

heather72
05-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Im sorry, mine is a question not a suggestion. I was just about to buy a FP Infant to Toddler stroller - can you tell me what you hate about it? I'm 6'1". Thanks!

Joolsplus2
05-23-2007, 09:45 AM
I've heard the quality of that FP stroller is just desparately bad overall...but the OP can elaborate :)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

cpepper
05-24-2007, 11:25 PM
I am 5'10" and my husband is 6'. We love our Maclaren VOLO for travel. It is so light weight when you end up carrying it you don't even notice. The one drawback would be it has little wheels so it might be tuff on cobblestone. On occasional bumps it is easy enough but I haven't ever pushed it on cobblestone. I think the Maclarens are definetly the best for tall parents though.

ChristinaLucia
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will stop by a retail store this weekend and test out the VOLO. Cobblestone might be difficult for any stroller.

heather72 - Please Please Please do not get the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Stroller. They should be embarassed to have put out such a piece of junk. Whenever I am using it I want to smash it into a million pieces. I would rather use the free umbrella stroller we got from TRU if that is any indication.

MNmomtobe
05-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Have you considered the Kolcraft Contours Options 4 wheel stroller? It is similar to the FP but it seems to have very good reviews. Only $139 at Target.com I believe there was a review of it here recently with some great pictures from nfowife.

dscollier3
05-28-2007, 02:23 AM
If you're going to be going on bumpy pathways, then I'd definitely recommend a stroller with a suspension to help absorb some of those bumps for your rider. I've used the Inglesina Trip and the Maclaren Ryder in both of those situations, though they weren't full cobblestones. The Trip has a great suspension and also has really tall handles (the tallest non-adjustable ones I've seen). I'm 5'10", and the handles are great for me. The handles on the Ryder are a bit lower, but they are still okay for me and the push on that stroller is great.

HTH, Sharon

Tondi G
05-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I would think a Mac would serve you ok (lots of parents in Europe have them and they are great for travel) but since your DD is only 14 months you probably want something with a recline option which the Volo doesn't have!

I'd look at the Quest (it has decent recline and an adjustable foot/legrest if she falls asleep)! Check this one out... great price but very girly!!!

http://www.specialtybaby.com/ma20modspstp.html

they have the blue and green too but they're a little bit more expensive! http://www.specialtybaby.com/strolfrommac.html#top

~Tondi

bubbaray
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
You will not be happy with a Volo or any of the small-wheeled Macs on cobblestone. You need bigger wheels, like those on the P3, and suspension too.

Have you considered getting a stroller over there? I'd get a Bebecar or a Bebecomfort or a Jane.

If you want to take a stroller with you, I'd suggest a P3 or similar. You want the bigger wheels, suspension AND you want a child try or bumper bar so you can easily take your car seat & carry ons through the airport.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

ChristinaLucia
06-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I think picking one up over there might be a good way to go! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!