PDA

View Full Version : P3 owners... what diaper bag do you use?

sophiesmom
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Just wondering what the best type of bag would be to use w/ a P3.

I have a quest too so was thinking backpack style, but was curious what others used w/ a P3!

Thanks!

mariza
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Skip Hop Dash

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

MommyAllison
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
nak

ditto - and i love it!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

carolines mommy
05-22-2007, 08:46 PM
dash and fleurville sling tote

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Radosti
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Land's End Do It all bag... what can I say... I tend to overpack...

sophiesmom
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
do you all like the dash because it clips on the stroller? are dashes still made so the strap needs to be taken off before you attach the bag?

MNmomtobe
05-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Right now I am using a Bumble Bags Madeline on it. It does have the stroller straps on it. However, on the P3, it has the plastic loops under the handles so you can attach almost any diaper bag using carabiners. I can hang my mini Fleurville sling tote from the carabiners using the D rings on the sides of the bag. This works out well and I don't care to shell out extra money to purchase the stroller ring thingees from Fleurville.

sophiesmom
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
are those plastic loops just for attaching a diaper bag? can a plastic shopping bag slip into there? i haven't looked closely enough yet to see if the are completely connected or if one side has a little opening.

i'll have to look into the bumble and fleurvilles too. .thanks!

mariza
05-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I like the Dash because it's the perfect size for me to pack an 8 month old and a 28 month old's items (of course it helps that they wear the same size diaper :) )
All Skip Hops attach with the clips not just the Dash, but sometimes I'm lazy and just hang it across the handles with the normal strap.
I also like that I can use the front pockets of the Dash to fit a bottle of water or a Medium size Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
I have the Denim Dash and DH likes it too since it doesn't detract from his manhood :)

BabyBoo
05-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I haven't tried it yet b/c I just got my P3. But I have and am planning to use my Fleurville ST and Skip Hop Duo.

MNmomtobe
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
No, if you hang carabiners from them (you can buy these at a sporting goods store or hardware store), you can hang shopping bags too though I usually just hook those over one of the handlebars.

I like using the carabiners for the BB Madeline because then I can just slip the stroller loop from the bag onto the carabiner without having to velcro and unvelcro the strap all the time. This also helps to hang the bag a bit lower too which helps on the lighter umbrella strollers like the Maclarens. I was surprised when I hung my fully packed Madeline on my Maclaren Ryder and it didn't tip the stroller back!

Though the BB Madeline is certainly lacking in organization, it is a really nice-looking bag and the material is lightweight so it doesn't feel as heavy to me fully packed as some of my other diaper bags.

My next diaper bag purchase will be the Ju Ju Packabe though I have heard it is a heavier bag (probably due to it's great organization and extra pockets!) :)

carolines mommy
05-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, you still have to detach the shoulder strap to convert it to the stroller straps. I usually just hang it over the handles with the shoulder strap. Caribiners are so useful on the P3. More sturdy than the O rings the Sling totes come with. I've found the rubber of those O rings are cracking now and appear brittle. "S" hooks work great threaded through those loops on the P3 too.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Nooknookmom
05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Have a Zippy, which is similar & love my Duo Glam!

sophiesmom
05-25-2007, 07:36 AM
i have a great bag from walmart, a dash knockoff. no velcro and can be clipped to the stroller w/out removing the strap. it just clashes w/ my p3! lOL!

i would like to see the packabes in person... maybe try nordstrom at the mall see if they have them!

sophiesmom
05-29-2007, 03:54 PM
if i was at the mall w/ the kids and had a bag attached, i'm assuming the older kids couldnt' ride on the footboard.. am i right?

val01
06-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I put two carabiners on my Be All, and it rides almost flush on the handle bar rings (not over the handles).

Valerie

luvsviola
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Pottery Barn Kids bag. I took the cushion off and it hangs nicely on the fold knobs.