PDA

View Full Version : Have bumbleride... baby coming in 4 weeks, wondering if Valco or others would be better option. HELP!!!!

Kal275
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I am due in about 4 weeks, and had registered for a 2007 bumbleride flyer which we recieved at the shower.

However, I'm beginning to wonder if something else might be a better choice... the bumbleride seems very big! also, in the beginning we will probably be using the stroller mostly for walks around the neighborhood, going to the park, and to the mall. Maybe I would be better off getting a valco with a bassinet?

any other suggestions? i just don't want to have a $350 stroller that we end up not using or deciding was a waste of money.

Thanks for any advice.

-Kristen

rebcat
05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
I just got a BR Flyer and I love it. It's a great all-around stroller for a little one - great shade (extends all the way to bar), comfy, full recline and I like the idea of the boot for cooler weather to make a little pouch.

That being said, I've considered a Valco Buggster for a second, lighter weight, small-fold stroller. It does have a bassinet option (separate purchase) and I wonder if you had that if you wouldn't even need/want the Flyer. One thing to consider about the bassinet, though is that you do typically have to detach it so that's extra space in your trunk.

I'm also a pediatric occupational therapist, so I LOVE the idea of a bassinet where the child isn't simply carried around in an infant carrier all the time. It's not as convenient for mom & dad, but much better for baby to be in different carriers & different positions - better for their heads, too!

I don't actually have a Buggster, but what I've read sounds good! I think you'll be happy with the Flyer as well, though. It does have the car seat adapter if you do go the "infant carrier" route, although I haven't used that feature myself.

Hope I didn't ramble too much - good luck!