PDA

View Full Version : Peg Pliko Lite

Laela
05-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I keep going back and forth about getting a new stroller now that DS is 2 1/2 and walks everywhere. I don't like my P3 and the cheap umbrella stroller I have has no shade and no recline for when DS naps. So I'm really looking for something LIGHT, with a recline and canopy.

After mad searches, I think I want to go with the Peg Pliko Lite. The straps look completely different from the P3 - which was a big nuisance - and I think it will be comfortable for him for awhile. I want this mainly for zoos and amusement parks. We are going to Disney in September and neeed to take it on the plane.

Any comments? I just want reassurance! (Or guidance if this is a wrong choice.) Stroller buying is stressful :-)

dscollier3
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I had a Pliko Lite and really liked it. It has a lot of great features. I think it's perfect for an older child. The seat is plush and large, the hood coverage is good (not as good as the P3 but definitely better than an umbrella stroller). It would be great for travel IMO. I only sold mine because I'm 5'10" and the handles were just too short for me. If you're not so tall though, it's a good one.

HTH, Sharon

strollerqueen
05-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Lol, but it can also be so fun! I do agree with Sharon, it is a nice stroller and I like it too. But, I think it is pretty similar to the P3...in fact it is just a stripped-down version. So if you don't like the P3, I would wonder why you would be getting the Piko Lite...

risaeric
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
I know you're looking for advice & I'm sorry I have none to offer, as I'm also stressed by stroller shopping, but my plan was to get the P3, so am extremely curious why you didn't like it other than the straps. I would appreciate any insight you can offer so I don't make a big mistake. Thanks so much.

MNmomtobe
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Hmmm... I thought all the Peg Perego strollers had the same floating harness design. After reading your post, I looked up some pictures of the Pliko lite. Some pictures show the floating harness, others don't. Weird.

Anyway, I have seen and tested it. Looks like a nice stroller. I have a P3 and love it. I didn't think the Pliko Lite was much smaller folded though, nor did it seem that much lighter. JMO.

Have you looked at the Rock Star Baby Candy or Espirit? I haven't seen or tested them but thought it might fit your criteria.

Laela
05-31-2007, 07:52 PM
The P3 straps were ALWAYS falling off for me and DS would squirm a lot and take it off. Also, I had big problems with the snack tray - it kept snapping at awkward angles - and the canopy broke on me quickly. I have to say that if I would do it again, I would probably get the Inglesina Zippy.

Laela
05-31-2007, 07:53 PM
You know, you're absolutely right! I think the Pliko Lite is what I wished I had gotten with the P3.

dscollier3
06-01-2007, 01:50 AM
The Pliko Lite doesn't have the Peg floating harness. The shoulder straps are fixed to the seat back like most other strollers. It's only slightly thinner folded than the P3. Take the tray and the rear footstep off the P3 and you essentially get the Pliko Lite. I actually liked mine better than my P3, but couldn't keep it without having taller handles. To me, it's a great half-step between a smaller traditional umbrella fold stroller like a Maclaren, and a full featured P3 or Zippy.

My 2¢. :-)

Sharon

plainbutnotjane
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I bought the Pliko Lite on ebay. I am still pregnant, so I haven't got any real-life comments, but I really do like the stroller. All of the features work well and as expected. I can't comment about the straps differing from the P3.

There are 3 seat positions, almost upright, mid-way and almost flat. The recline is almost flat enough for a newborn and I think that if you put a body support behind the baby, you could probably use it for a newborn. You do need two hands to recline and raise the seat, though.

The padding on the seat is very good compared to others that I have seen and there is a footrest that you can raise or lower as well, so DS could have a full recliner.

The one question that I have that would not apply to your situation, but maybe someone will see it is: Will a Graco Snugride snap into the ancores on the stroller designed to hold a Perego car seat? I haven't bought my carseat yet and the Graco is rated higher than the Perego one.

HTH, Heidi