PDA

View Full Version : Swore I never wanted a double stroller...now reconsidering

Canna
06-02-2007, 05:12 PM
So, I'm not at all a stroller guru. I enjoy babywearing and have a lot of different baby carriers and am looking forward to having a new little one to wear! We're expecting a new baby in January and DD will turn 3 that same month.

After swearing that it was practically one of my goals in life never to own a double stroller (I don't like their large size - either side by side or front-to-back), I'm now at least considering the possibility. We live in an apartment in a small city. It can be a walk just to get from the parking space we've found on the street, up to our building and down two very long hallways inside! And we also like to walk around town, to the downtown area, to the park, etc. It's occurring to me that there might be times - say for travel perhaps, or when I just want to push both kiddos and not wear one and push one, that a double stroller may be necessary. I'm not very familiar with this market. What are some strollers that I might want to consider?

Oh, if it makes a difference, our existing (single) strollers are a Zooper Swing and a Mac Volo (the Swing is okay and I love the Volo).

npace19147
06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
we love our Phil and Ted sport. similar age gap, and I love to bw, but sometimes it just isn't convenient.

Dr_Mom
06-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Love our Maclaren Twin Techno. Very easy to maneuver. Our 2nd choice is the MBUD, but it is significantly heavier than the Maclaren, so we got that one.

vickimaggie
06-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I used to feel the same way. I'm a die hard babywearer and rarely used a stroller with my DD. But now that she's older we do use one for long outdoor walks, I'm talking several miles at a time. So I decided this time to get the Phil and Teds E3 with doubles seat. I needed another single anyway because my Mom uses my old one twice a week when she watches DD, they walk 4-6 miles a day. So I'm using it now as a single but I'll always have the option of using it as a double later on if I need to. I like it because its not the size of a double.

betsydenny
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Another vote for the Phil and Ted's. I too am a babywearer and Volo lover and the P&T is our second fave stroller. DH adores it and it is great bc if you are wearing one and have one riding you have lots of storage space (from the car and the like)

Check your local craiglist or StrollerSWAP if you don't want to buy a brand new one. YOu can get ones that are in great shape and have lots of life left in them for a good price.

HTH!
Betsy

Lmoor
06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I swore the very same thing!! I had 2 single strollers for DD (who is almost 3) - a Zippy and a BOB. So, when I was pregnant with my 2nd (now 3 months old), I decided to splurge on a new luxurious stroller - but NOT a double. I bought myself a completely unnecessary Bebecar Vector (which I love). I justified it by saying that I'd just wear the baby and let DD ride in the stroller when she was tired. Well, along comes baby - and up until now, he has HATED the hotsling and just in the last week decided that he will ride the Bjorn. So, I now have a 4th stroller, a BOB Ironman Duallie. We love it for our needs. I struggled with how we got out for our everyday activity (not for something we needed to get into the car for) - you know, so that you all don't go stir crazy. We live near a lake/park and that's what we use to go there, almost daily - and I get to run too!

My advice? Wait until the baby comes to see what your needs are. I don't think I could have chosen the right double for our needs until I figured out what our needs were! Good luck!!