PDA

View Full Version : Need stroller with longest seat to canopy length

Maeve
06-02-2007, 09:21 PM
My son has outgrown the Zooper Boogie we have. He's very tall (42" at 2.5yo). I'd rather shell out the money for a great stroller that is still going to fit him in 2yrs. Anyone know of a stroller that has the longest seat to canopy length but also has good canopy coverage and can take a lot of city walking? I tried the Maclaren Techno XT and the Baby Jogger City Series - he's got a little room to grow but I'd like something even more accomodating.

Thanks!
Maeve

quinnsmom
06-03-2007, 07:51 AM
I think the Phil & Teds Sport/E3 has a really long seat to canopy length. I just watched a video yesterday about putting the stroller otgether and the person (I think from joggingstrollers.com) said it had the longest seat to canopy length...

ETA: Here is the link: http://www.joggingstroller.com/Phil-and-Teds-e3-Explorer.pro?WT.mc_id=JS1_home_PhilTedE3_062306#sp ecs

24" from seat to canopy.

tinas
06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm watching for replies too, because I have a tall, heavy almost 4 year old. I tried the E3 and the headroom was okay, but my sons legs were too long.

Maeve
06-03-2007, 03:36 PM
This has probably been discussed previously but I called Maclaren and they said that there was no height difference between the Techno XT and the XLR, the latter is just wider. Don't know if that helps you any. My son is really narrow, so weight capacity and width is not so much an issue with us.

Maeve

MNmomtobe
06-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Though I have never tested one, I have heard that the Dreamer Design Manhattan has a tall hood. Some shorter parents have a hard time seeing over the hood. You can read the specs about seatback height and headroom on their website, dreamerdesign.net I think the weight limit for the stroller is 80 lbs.

dscollier3
06-04-2007, 01:04 AM
The P&T has the tallest seat back I think, but the leg room isn't quite comparable. It's okay, but not great. The hood is also not great though, IMO. My 44" DS still fits well in our BJCSD, he has a few inches under the hood still. As far as quality, steering and hood coverage, I'd go with the BJ over the P&T. That said, if you can get your hands on an older Kiwi Explorer, it's got a great seat for a tall child. The downside...they are almost always found for sale with the doubles seat whether you need a double or not. I like mine as a single too, as the best AT I've found that fits my 44" DS. If, however, I didn't have the Kiwi, I'd get a BJ for him instead.

HTH, Sharon

strollerqueen
06-04-2007, 03:56 AM
The Red Castle Whizz has an even bigger seat; an inch wider and two inches more headroom to the canopy.

strollerqueen
06-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Sharon, btw, would you mind taking some seat measurements on the Kiwi? Whenever you get a chance. I agree with you that they are huge, I've had a couple, lol! Just wish I had done seat back, width, depth, to canopy, to footrest, etc.

Maeve
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Ack! Thanks so much for the helpful feedback but I'm a bit confused. Is the Whizz taller than the e3 or the Kiwi or the BJCS? Or is it the tallest of all?

And several sites refer to the e3 and Kiwi as the same. Do you happen to know what vintage/year they had the taller seats?

Thanks a bunch!
Maeve

strollerqueen
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
The Kiwi Explorer was the first version, the biggest. The E3 is substantially different. I have the measurements of both the E3 and Whizz on my website. The E3 is much narrower. The Easy Walker Sky is pretty big, too. The seatback is 20", seat to canopy is 25", and seat width is 15.5."

Maeve
06-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks very much - I'll head to your site now!

dscollier3
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
CYE!

Sharon

strollerqueen
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Thank you! Isn't it odd that strollers are getting smaller, yet heavier? :o