PDA

View Full Version : cleaning a stain on P3 hood... help quick!

sophiesmom
06-03-2007, 05:53 PM
(Lauren don't read this) ;-) :-(

What's the best route to take to get a stain out of the hood of a P3. We were at Kohls today, waiting in line to buy stuff, and DD was buying Hanna Montana makeup. DD on was on footboard of the nice Malibu P3 I bought from Lauren from the swap board. I didn't realize she opened the makeup and she got pink makeup on the floral part of the hood of the stroller.

Should I try shout wipes, or just soap and water?

I was so mad, I yelled 'dammit' in the middle of Kohl's and everyone was staring at me..... mom of the year, huh?

Joolsplus2
06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh gawwwwd...now I can never go to Kohl's, it's bad enough Macy's has Hannah Montana clothing, I don't need dd to be obsessed with the makeup, too!

Yeah, try shout wipes or a teeeny drop of tide on a microfiber or white cotton dishtowel.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sophiesmom
06-03-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah, and i am the one who told her to buy the darn stuff (she couldn't make up her mind from all this makeup stuff!)

momathome
06-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I won't hold it against you. ;) I'm just glad that it is not from a stain that was there when you bought it from me! Good luck getting the hood clean. As far as yelling at Kohl's goes, at least it wasn't Nordstrom. }(

sophiesmom
06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
it's funny, i had just 'unveiled' it to my husband, i've been hiding it in my trunk for a few weeks! LOL! then we're all out and that incident had to happen. at least i didn't pay full price for a new one and then stain it. :-(

LOL about Nordstrom, then they really would have been staring at me!

Now I have 2 new nice strollers (P3 and Quest), if I could only look sane, well dressed, and put together while using them. ;-)

Tondi G
06-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Try a baby wipe or take the hood off and give it a good washing in the bathtub... dry it in the sun!

what does a Malibu P3 look like??

sophiesmom
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
does the hood come off? that might be an idea. i tried a shout wipe last night and not much luck.

the malibu print... pretty much like the mint (the black part) but where the green would be, it is a grey/white floral design. i had never seen it before until i saw it posted on the swap board.

the only thing w/ the floral part on the hood, it's a regular fabric, so not a real wipey type of material.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
06-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Yes, the hood comes off. There are two clips on the side of the hood that are right next to the seat of the stroller. You unclip those, and unsnap the back of the hood from the back of the seat.

HTH

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

sophiesmom
06-05-2007, 06:30 AM
thanks!
got the hood off, but can't get the stain out...

i've tried shout wipe, tide pen, washing w/ soap in the sink...

maybe a bleach pen on the white part of the floral?

DD can never watch Hannah Montana again! LOL!

alexsmommy
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Diluted make-up remover?
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

sophiesmom
06-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I did try a little makeup remover...

I've tried: shout wipe, tide pen, soap and water, makeup remover (a mild one though was scared to use an oily type one).

The last thing I tried was a Clorox bleach pen. I carefully penned the white floral parts that had pink on them. It seems to have helped! Maybe one more application and it should be much better..

Thanks all!