PDA

View Full Version : Volo or Quest? weight consideration mainly

SnuggleBuggles
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I thought I was decided on the Quest but dh thinks the Volo is worth sacrificing the recline for being 3lbs lighter. He thinks in the long run we will like that feature more. It is a good point, in my book. But I am torn. I think the Quest just looks like a sturdier, all purpose stroller.

We plan to wear the baby till baby can at least sit up right. So, we don't need one with recline. If we do have an occasion where we think we will need that I do have a working Metrolite from when ds was a baby.

Any advice or thoughts? Which should I choose?

I know for sure I do not want a stroller any heavier than the Quest and I want an umbrella fold. So, if there are other strollers that I am missing that fill those criteria I'd love to hear them. I would much prefer to keep it well under $250 as well. Btw, I think the Combis look too narrow.

Thank you!!

betsydenny
06-11-2007, 07:28 AM
The Volo is our primary stroller.
Wore DS till he was about 6mo and then started him in the Volo. It isn't the most cushy stroller for a 6mo old- even a big one, but he was fine for short rides around the neighborhood. I LOVE our Volo.
It is so light and easy.

But really you can't go wrong with either. My friends with Quests love theirs and swear by them as well. I am just a minimalist when it comes to my primary stroller so I love the Volo.

HTH
Betsy

betsydenny
06-11-2007, 07:28 AM
The Volo is our primary stroller.
Wore DS till he was about 6mo and then started him in the Volo. It isn't the most cushy stroller for a 6mo old- even a big one, but he was fine for short rides around the neighborhood. I LOVE our Volo.
It is so light and easy.

But really you can't go wrong with either. My friends with Quests love theirs and swear by them as well. I am just a minimalist when it comes to my primary stroller so I love the Volo.

HTH
Betsy

pb&j
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I got a quest when DS was about 3 mos old, and since he was about 6 mos, we haven't used the recline at all. DS isn't much in to riding in the stroller anyway, unless he's tired, so often it's just one more thing to lug around. I wish I had a Volo! That said, the Quest is a great stroller, and I don't have such Volo envy (yet) that I'm willing to go out and buy another stroller.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

pb&j
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I got a quest when DS was about 3 mos old, and since he was about 6 mos, we haven't used the recline at all. DS isn't much in to riding in the stroller anyway, unless he's tired, so often it's just one more thing to lug around. I wish I had a Volo! That said, the Quest is a great stroller, and I don't have such Volo envy (yet) that I'm willing to go out and buy another stroller.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

sophiesmom
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I recently bought a Quest when DD was about 14 months. I have used the recline for her and it's been a nice option to have. The back pocket has been really handy too! I don't find it heavy to carry. We hang our strollers in the garage and it's been so easy to get off the hook, compared to our older bulky gracos.

Also, DS (4) was riding it in last weekend and he looked really comfortable in it (my older 2 still like s trollers!).

I chose that over the Volo, I just thought the Volo looks uncomfortable (my older DD didn't like it in the store) and wanted the more structured back for the baby. A lot of moms here love the Volo though!

HTH!

sophiesmom
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I recently bought a Quest when DD was about 14 months. I have used the recline for her and it's been a nice option to have. The back pocket has been really handy too! I don't find it heavy to carry. We hang our strollers in the garage and it's been so easy to get off the hook, compared to our older bulky gracos.

Also, DS (4) was riding it in last weekend and he looked really comfortable in it (my older 2 still like s trollers!).

I chose that over the Volo, I just thought the Volo looks uncomfortable (my older DD didn't like it in the store) and wanted the more structured back for the baby. A lot of moms here love the Volo though!

HTH!

Canna
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
We got a Volo for our 2nd stroller (1st stroller is a Zooper Swing, so a kind of heavy umbrella-stroller with a recline). And we love the Volo. DD seems comfy in it, she is able to sleep in it when we're traveling with it even with no recline, and I love how light it is and easy it is to push.

Canna
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
We got a Volo for our 2nd stroller (1st stroller is a Zooper Swing, so a kind of heavy umbrella-stroller with a recline). And we love the Volo. DD seems comfy in it, she is able to sleep in it when we're traveling with it even with no recline, and I love how light it is and easy it is to push.

mom2lm
06-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I just got the triumph last month and I absolutely love it. It seems super light to me and it has the built in strap and umbrella fold just like the volo, but it also reclines. I bought it from mystrollers.com. I have used the recline already more than I thought I would.

This is the one I bought, but I got them to price match a price I had seen on ebay so it cost 118 I think. I also got a small extra discount on the carry you demi milan organizer by asking over the phone since they could throw it in the box with the stroller (did the same thing for a baby jogger too)

http://www.mystrollers.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=A021021

I think this was the auction I got them to match (cost plus shipping). I'm sure buying directly from this auction is fine too, I just preferred mystrollers since I had bought other things from them before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2006-Maclaren-Triumph-Baby-Stroller-PINK-FLAG_W0QQitemZ320127238553QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2989Q QcmdZViewItem

Amy
Mom to Lucy and Maggie

spunkybaby
06-21-2007, 11:55 PM
If you don't need the recline, then I would get the Volo. I love how lightweight it is, even compared to the Quest. But I'd also recommend reconsidering if you really do need the recline. I think the Quest is much more comfortable for a napping baby, and my guess is that once you get a Maclaren, you won't want to drag out your Metrolite.

Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)