PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Challenge- doesn't weight a ton and easy fold?

veronica
06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Does this exist? MBUD and BJCSD seem to be on the top of everyone's list. It will be used for newborn and 18 month old so I'd like to attach a Graco carseat but that seems impossible with most doubles out there. Any recommendations on whether I should get side-by-side or tandem? I am so confused with all of this. My only other preference is a nice canopy. I can deal without a snack tray or big basket.

I stressed over buying my single stroller for months and got the zippy. By far, the best decision I ever made. The easy fold and light weight have been an amazing help to me (I am very short and easily frustrated over heavy things I can lug into the back of the car!)
TIA

veronica
06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Does this exist? MBUD and BJCSD seem to be on the top of everyone's list. It will be used for newborn and 18 month old so I'd like to attach a Graco carseat but that seems impossible with most doubles out there. Any recommendations on whether I should get side-by-side or tandem? I am so confused with all of this. My only other preference is a nice canopy. I can deal without a snack tray or big basket.

I stressed over buying my single stroller for months and got the zippy. By far, the best decision I ever made. The easy fold and light weight have been an amazing help to me (I am very short and easily frustrated over heavy things I can lug into the back of the car!)
TIA

tinas
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Have you looked at the Tike Tech 360? It's new so I don't know much about it, but it is supposed to be light with a compact fold.

tinas
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Have you looked at the Tike Tech 360? It's new so I don't know much about it, but it is supposed to be light with a compact fold.

redheadmom
06-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I've been told the BJCSD will work with a car seat adaptor. I have the Single w/the Graco adaptor and it's very simple to attach and remove (when my older daughter wants to ride). It's SO simple to fold that I can't imagine using any other stroller now. I ordered mine from Marilyn at www.arunningstroller.com -- she is so helpful I'm sure she could answer questions about the Double.

redheadmom
06-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I've been told the BJCSD will work with a car seat adaptor. I have the Single w/the Graco adaptor and it's very simple to attach and remove (when my older daughter wants to ride). It's SO simple to fold that I can't imagine using any other stroller now. I ordered mine from Marilyn at www.arunningstroller.com -- she is so helpful I'm sure she could answer questions about the Double.

rl42382
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
rachel l.
the new peg prego aria 60/40 double has all of the things you have menchened you want. my friend just got a maclaren twin triumph which is very light but dosent take a car seat. combi also takes a car seatand is light and compact. i had the zippy for dd#1 and love it. i got for a double the valco twin trimode and i really love it. i use it as my walking stroller.also my big one is almost 3 so for short car trips in and out she walks and we use the singel or i use my ergo baby carrier for my 3 1/2 month old and my big one sits in the stroller. i would go with a sbs because the oldest is so young and still needs a good seat. the front and back ones like combi graco phil and ted and valco with a toddler seat or safty first transit all have very little recline and cramped seating they dont have enough recline for the older kid. by the way i am 4 11 and very short and i can handel folding the valco my self i just dont do it every day because it so rearly goes in the car.the bjcs takes a car seat and the fold is so easy and not terrable to fold my advice is research and don't buy untill the baby is born and you see what your needs are. i hope this helps.