PDA

View Full Version : accessories for the E3

redhead72
06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I need a better sun shade for my E3 as well as some pannier bags, since the basket is useless with the second seat on the back. Does anyone have an opinion about the sun cover and the pannier bags that are supposed to go with the stroller? Would it be better to buy something else? E.g., should I just go with a rayshade or protect-a-bub shade? I'm not sure that my 3 year old would tolerate having the E3 shade completely covering the stroller - can they see out of it? Can you easily take the pannier bags off the stroller and take them with you if you stop to eat somewhere and have to leave the stroller outside the restaurant?

Thanks for your input,

redhead72
06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I need a better sun shade for my E3 as well as some pannier bags, since the basket is useless with the second seat on the back. Does anyone have an opinion about the sun cover and the pannier bags that are supposed to go with the stroller? Would it be better to buy something else? E.g., should I just go with a rayshade or protect-a-bub shade? I'm not sure that my 3 year old would tolerate having the E3 shade completely covering the stroller - can they see out of it? Can you easily take the pannier bags off the stroller and take them with you if you stop to eat somewhere and have to leave the stroller outside the restaurant?

Thanks for your input,

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I've got the pannier bags. They attach to one of the side bars with velcro straps. I don't think they're easy to get on and take off; we just leave ours on all the time.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I've got the pannier bags. They attach to one of the side bars with velcro straps. I don't think they're easy to get on and take off; we just leave ours on all the time.

miscelster
06-13-2007, 07:32 PM
We have the suncover and I am really glad we have it. At first I thought the boys would hate it because I didn't they'd be able to see out of it. But you can actually see out of it very well (you just can't see in), and on hot and sunny days, my DS1 prefers to ride in the stroller "where it's cool". I/ve seen the rayshade on a e3, but it just doesn't do the coverage that I want for both kids at all the angles of the sun.

For bags, I have the pannier bags as well as an over the handles bag from One Step Ahead catalog. The pannier bags are roomy, but what makes it inconvenient is lack of a strap to carry it around (it just has a small handle strap) once it's off the stroller. But, a number of times I don't bother brining the over the handles bag, and just use the pannier bags, if I know I don't have to carry it around for long (such as from the outside of the restaurant to our table).