PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger Double: City Series vs. Performance vs. Q

cindylouhoo
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I've decided I want to go with the Baby Jogger Double. I am just not sure of the differences between these series. Anything significant? I've basically looked at the City Series. However, I've found the Q series at the cheapest price. So what does everyone recommend?

cindylouhoo
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I've decided I want to go with the Baby Jogger Double. I am just not sure of the differences between these series. Anything significant? I've basically looked at the City Series. However, I've found the Q series at the cheapest price. So what does everyone recommend?

nfowife
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Will you be using it for jogging or mostly walking?

nfowife
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Will you be using it for jogging or mostly walking?

cindylouhoo
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Mostly walking - I'd like to begin the 2-3 mile/day fast walk around the neighborhood streets after DS #2 is born in Aug. to lose the baby weight & get in better shape. I'd also be using it for the mall, park, and occasional zoo trips. I had read that the BJ canopies are higher and since DH and I are 5'10" and 6', I'm expecting taller kids. DS #1 is already in the 95th percentile for height. However, DH does some light jogging, but I would be the main one using the stroller.

cindylouhoo
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Mostly walking - I'd like to begin the 2-3 mile/day fast walk around the neighborhood streets after DS #2 is born in Aug. to lose the baby weight & get in better shape. I'd also be using it for the mall, park, and occasional zoo trips. I had read that the BJ canopies are higher and since DH and I are 5'10" and 6', I'm expecting taller kids. DS #1 is already in the 95th percentile for height. However, DH does some light jogging, but I would be the main one using the stroller.

table4three
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm expecting #2 in August as well and got the city series double. I love it. The canopies are great. As far as City vs Performance, etc, the swivel wheel of the city series was a necessity for me. I'll be using it for walking mostly and I can't stand having to pivot on the back wheels to turn when using a standard jogger. The city series is SO easy to push and turn!

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

table4three
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm expecting #2 in August as well and got the city series double. I love it. The canopies are great. As far as City vs Performance, etc, the swivel wheel of the city series was a necessity for me. I'll be using it for walking mostly and I can't stand having to pivot on the back wheels to turn when using a standard jogger. The city series is SO easy to push and turn!

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

nfowife
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I'd get the city series double for mostly walking. You will much prefer a swivel option for the front wheel. I would recommend the ATS if it came in a double for some running since the back wheels are 16" which are better suited for running. Have you tried the BOB Revolution Duallie? Just a thought since it has the bigger back wheels for running, but the 12" front wheel that can be swivel or fixed. In any case, for running you just need to fix the front wheel and you are good to go. We have the BJCSD and love it! But we also do not do any running.

nfowife
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I'd get the city series double for mostly walking. You will much prefer a swivel option for the front wheel. I would recommend the ATS if it came in a double for some running since the back wheels are 16" which are better suited for running. Have you tried the BOB Revolution Duallie? Just a thought since it has the bigger back wheels for running, but the 12" front wheel that can be swivel or fixed. In any case, for running you just need to fix the front wheel and you are good to go. We have the BJCSD and love it! But we also do not do any running.