PDA

View Full Version : Baby Planet Deluxe, Techno XLR, Zooper Hula, Buggster?? I need the perfect stroller.

motherandchild
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
HELP!
Hi there.... "Stroller commitment phobia".... I think that's the diagnosis I have...

I have been looking for the perfect stroller since this time last year.... Now my little gal is almost 9 months old... and I"m still searching.

If anyone has any suggestions... send them my way. I currently have the Zippy. LOVE the fold.... as I look like a genius when I just push a button and the stroller collapses... I've never seen so many men in awe as my last air plane trip.... and I would push and fold in an instant.

What I don't love... the squeaking wheels... AGGG... The handles are 41" high.. (which is pretty decently high)... yet I am always kicking the wheels and hunched over when I walk (I'm only 5-7"). I can't stand it anymore.

So Now that my gal is older... I think I can downsize a bit.... but I do want lots of extras.

I want:

Decent height handles a must (adjustable I guess would be the best option)

Nap bar (I prefer)

Easy one hand close (or really easy close) now that I have been spoiled with the Zippy

Recline seat

Nice sized canopy (again spoiled with the Zippy)

Sun screen a plus...

Anyone seen the Baby Planet Deluxe.... seems to fit the bill but never seen it in person... open/close?.... canopy small?

Techno XLR.... small canopy... don't know about the close?

Want to love the Buggster but handles to low... only 40" and not height adjustable...

Hula height adjustable handles... but I don't know anything about it!

Any suggestions? I would take any advice and live by it... I am so frustrated... and just want to make a nice easy purchase and be done with buying a stroller..!!!!!

motherandchild
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
HELP!
Hi there.... "Stroller commitment phobia".... I think that's the diagnosis I have...

I have been looking for the perfect stroller since this time last year.... Now my little gal is almost 9 months old... and I"m still searching.

If anyone has any suggestions... send them my way. I currently have the Zippy. LOVE the fold.... as I look like a genius when I just push a button and the stroller collapses... I've never seen so many men in awe as my last air plane trip.... and I would push and fold in an instant.

What I don't love... the squeaking wheels... AGGG... The handles are 41" high.. (which is pretty decently high)... yet I am always kicking the wheels and hunched over when I walk (I'm only 5-7"). I can't stand it anymore.

So Now that my gal is older... I think I can downsize a bit.... but I do want lots of extras.

I want:

Decent height handles a must (adjustable I guess would be the best option)

Nap bar (I prefer)

Easy one hand close (or really easy close) now that I have been spoiled with the Zippy

Recline seat

Nice sized canopy (again spoiled with the Zippy)

Sun screen a plus...

Anyone seen the Baby Planet Deluxe.... seems to fit the bill but never seen it in person... open/close?.... canopy small?

Techno XLR.... small canopy... don't know about the close?

Want to love the Buggster but handles to low... only 40" and not height adjustable...

Hula height adjustable handles... but I don't know anything about it!

Any suggestions? I would take any advice and live by it... I am so frustrated... and just want to make a nice easy purchase and be done with buying a stroller..!!!!!

Queensgirl
06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think you'd be downsizing with any of the strollers you listed. They are very similar to the Zippy ( weight, size, etc.), and the Zippy has the better fold. Actually, they're all similar to each other.

The buggster is more like a hybrid stroller (like an all-terrain umbrella stroller) and the Techno XLR is a heavier umbrella with a higher weight limit and lots of nice padding (more suitable for a newborn). They all have good canopies (especially the Techno) and good reclines (again, suitable for young infants). The Baby Planet model is more modern, high-tech looking. Zooper strollers tend to come w/a lot of accesories, maybe even the sunscreen (if that's important).

Have you seen any in person? If not, try Strollerqueen's site. She has reviews (and some good pics) of the Baby Planet (Solo, not Deluxe, but very similar) and Buggster. They're listed under "new". Maybe it will help with your decision.
http://www.strollerqueen.com/

Queensgirl
06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think you'd be downsizing with any of the strollers you listed. They are very similar to the Zippy ( weight, size, etc.), and the Zippy has the better fold. Actually, they're all similar to each other.

The buggster is more like a hybrid stroller (like an all-terrain umbrella stroller) and the Techno XLR is a heavier umbrella with a higher weight limit and lots of nice padding (more suitable for a newborn). They all have good canopies (especially the Techno) and good reclines (again, suitable for young infants). The Baby Planet model is more modern, high-tech looking. Zooper strollers tend to come w/a lot of accesories, maybe even the sunscreen (if that's important).

Have you seen any in person? If not, try Strollerqueen's site. She has reviews (and some good pics) of the Baby Planet (Solo, not Deluxe, but very similar) and Buggster. They're listed under "new". Maybe it will help with your decision.
http://www.strollerqueen.com/

motherandchild
06-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah,
I've noticed that I'm not necessarily downsizing with these either...

My gal is only 9 months old... so I don't mind a plusher stroller... I'm not looking for bare bones yet... but thought I could get something a little less bulky.

Yes, I have visited stroller queen's website... and paid to see the new models... I'm just so confused.

I can't really see these anywhere local without ordering it in person which is really difficult!

AGGG!

Thanks for your info!

Jennifer

motherandchild
06-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah,
I've noticed that I'm not necessarily downsizing with these either...

My gal is only 9 months old... so I don't mind a plusher stroller... I'm not looking for bare bones yet... but thought I could get something a little less bulky.

Yes, I have visited stroller queen's website... and paid to see the new models... I'm just so confused.

I can't really see these anywhere local without ordering it in person which is really difficult!

AGGG!

Thanks for your info!

Jennifer

leblis
06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
IMO the XLR is huge! I didn't realize it at the store and when I brought it home and got it out of the box I was really surprised. My husband asked if he could go for a ride! lol I am 5'7" and the handles on the XLR where a little high for me in the lowest position. It is a really long stroller too... for me the compact umbrella fold didn't matter because of how long it was. So I returned it.

I bought a Chicco C5 instead and for the price it is a really nice stroller. But now I'm in the market again too... we are going to travel with the C5 this summer and dh said that I can get a new stroller for at home. Ds is 10mo and I would like another umbrella fold stroller for him but I too don't want a bare bones one quite yet.

I really like the Baby Planet stroller... I saw it at Buy Buy Baby yesterday and just about left with it. They have the Solo in stock... it seems to steer just as well as a Mac, has a really nice sun canopy, is about the size of the Quest, and has a really large storage basket... plus it just looks really cool and different. I live in the DC metro area and everyone has a Mac.

Dh really likes it so now I just need to decide if I want the Solo or the Solo Deluxe.

I personally don't like the Hula and have never seen the Buggster in person so I can't help you with those.

HTH,
Lisa

leblis
06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
IMO the XLR is huge! I didn't realize it at the store and when I brought it home and got it out of the box I was really surprised. My husband asked if he could go for a ride! lol I am 5'7" and the handles on the XLR where a little high for me in the lowest position. It is a really long stroller too... for me the compact umbrella fold didn't matter because of how long it was. So I returned it.

I bought a Chicco C5 instead and for the price it is a really nice stroller. But now I'm in the market again too... we are going to travel with the C5 this summer and dh said that I can get a new stroller for at home. Ds is 10mo and I would like another umbrella fold stroller for him but I too don't want a bare bones one quite yet.

I really like the Baby Planet stroller... I saw it at Buy Buy Baby yesterday and just about left with it. They have the Solo in stock... it seems to steer just as well as a Mac, has a really nice sun canopy, is about the size of the Quest, and has a really large storage basket... plus it just looks really cool and different. I live in the DC metro area and everyone has a Mac.

Dh really likes it so now I just need to decide if I want the Solo or the Solo Deluxe.

I personally don't like the Hula and have never seen the Buggster in person so I can't help you with those.

HTH,
Lisa

strollerqueen
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
First, try spraying your Zippy wheels with silicone. That will stop the squeaking and it will steer better, too. I like the Buggster, but tall people feel the 38" handles are too low for them. The Techno does not have a napper bar. It does have height adjustable, tall handles. It has a HUGE canopy. It unzips for nearly complete coverage, more coverage than the Baby Planet. I've never owned a Hula.

strollerqueen
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
First, try spraying your Zippy wheels with silicone. That will stop the squeaking and it will steer better, too. I like the Buggster, but tall people feel the 38" handles are too low for them. The Techno does not have a napper bar. It does have height adjustable, tall handles. It has a HUGE canopy. It unzips for nearly complete coverage, more coverage than the Baby Planet. I've never owned a Hula.