PDA

View Full Version : E3 with Car Seat Kit and Doubles Kit??

eedude
06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
We have an E3 with a Doubles kit in preparation for our new arrival in August. Our toddler will be about 27 months old when his sister arrives.

I know that the suggested Infant/Toddler configuration is to have the infant lying in the main section and the toddler in the Doubles seat attached on top.

We plan to use the SnugRide car seat carrier with the infant so I am thinking about getting the Car Seat Kit for the E3.

Is the Infant in a car seat attached by the Car Seat Kit on top and the toddler in back with the Doubles Kit an acceptable configuration?

Seems like there would be too much weight on back...but I wanted to check if anyone has tried this successfully. If it's dangerous, then I will skip the idea and will not get the Car Seat Kit.

Thanks much!
Dave

mariza
06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
The back holds up to 33lbs, you want the lighter weight in the back, or the stroller will tip. So really it depends on thier weights; I have a 25lb 29 month old DD and a 23lb 9 month old DS. Their weights are so close, I've interchanged the seating and not noticed any difference. So, if your toddler is a lightweight you *might* be able to get away with this configuration, but if the weights are more than 1-2 lbs apart, I wouldn't do it.
Say your newborn weighs 8lbs and the carseat weighs 10, you've got 18lbs in the front. Your toddler can sit in the back if he's around 18-19 lbs. HTH!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

pastrygirl
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM
According to the instructions, you cannot use the car seat kit with the doubles kit, but I know people here have done it anyway... (I don't own that stroller, and I'm too paranoid to try anything that the instructions specifically warn against).

Cristina
mom to Toby, 6/10/06

eedude
06-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the input. The difference would be too large for us, so I'm going to skip getting the car seat kit. I'm not going to risk DD infant being catapulted into the parking lot! :o

eedude
06-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks. I agree and will not be taking the risk.

HannaAddict
06-21-2007, 12:56 AM
As another poster noted, you aren't supposed to use the carseat kit with the double kit. I have the Sport and can't imagine where a toddler, even a small toddler would fit when using the carseat. I also might hold off on buying the carseat adapter kit. I have been using the Sport with our Chicco Keyfit to pop into the store, from parking lot to playground or preschool pick-up and it works very well without the adapter kit. The carseat rests on the bumper bar and fits snugly into the seat with the seat unclipped and slightly reclined (if that makes sense). You might try it out and see if it works for you.

Kimberly