PDA

View Full Version : HELP! can't decide which stroller to get

mama2007
06-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Hello everyone,

what a great forum this is :) still i'm confused and don't know which stroller to choose! i read the baby bargains book cover to cover and i'm still unsure which stroller to buy.

here are some details:
- right now i'm using the Graco frame with the snugrider car seat for my almost 5 month old son
- i feel like he's becoming uncomfy when he sleeps in it. so i want to get him a stroller that he can sleep flat in. i'm assuming it would be more comfy for him that way.

i had narrowed down my search to those two models:
the inglesina zippy and the pilko p3 (and had also looked at the Mac techno xt cuz the baby bargains book suggested it too), but now that i'm searching more i see a plethora of more and cool stuff out there, and starting to be not sure about what to choose.

this is what i want in a stroller:
- full recline so my son can sleep in it (i like that about the zippy and p3)
- lots of cushioning for support and comfort (i like that about zippy and p3)
- solid handles that i can easily maneuvre, would be nice if i can do one handed maneuvering, and i'm not sure how well the zippy or the p3 can do that, esp with a child and stuff in!
- good size storage basket (both zippy and p3 baskets seeem skimpy and hard to get into)
- full canopy
- light weight (i've been spoiled by my very light frame so now i feel that the zippy is a bit heavy), and that's what i like about the Mac but then the mac lacks the other features like a snack tray, padding, etc)
- height adjustable handles so my husband doesn't kick his feet (he's the tall one :)
- cup/ snack bar (adult)
- not sure how impt a child snack bar, but why not! some say it gets very impotant
- easy/ compact fold (love the zippy for that, p3 is just ok)
- no squeaking (i'd read both zippy and p3 sqeak)
- if at all possible i'd like this to be THE perfect and only stoller i buy :D
- do i really need the stepper thingy in the back for an older child? do people really use that feature alot? (i know the p3's is better than the zippy)

am i totally looking at the wrong models? are there model's i've totally missed to look at? (i got a little turned off by the p3 when i went to babies r us and test drove the floor modle. it felt like it wanted to fall apart, the girl there told me it's cuz it's the floor model. but so what, is this what i expect to happen after i use it many time? and this we're talking the 2007 model so it's not been out for long either!)

Thanks much!
mama2007

mommy in Japan
06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Well not to make this more confusing for you I just ordered a Zooper Hula
http://www.zooper.com/p-hula-c.html

they have another stroller called the waltz that sounds like it might fit your needs
http://www.zooper.com/p-waltz-c.html

I choose the hula for its adjustable handles, full reclining seat, umbrella fold, HUGE viewing window and its asthetic appeal but you said you were looking for one with a full push bar easy access basket and light weight which are features the waltz boasts. It only weighs 9 lbs, it stands when folded, has the huge viewing window and all their strollers come with a rain cover and uv shield and leg cover. I have yet to recieve my hula yet as I live in Japan at the momment things take a bit longer to ship. I have seen a few negative reviews on zooper when it comes to steering but from the one I tested in the store I couldnt tell the difference between the zooper and my friends maclaren. I will update this as soon as my new buggy arrives.

soontobe3
06-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I owned the Peg Perego Pliko, and it was my favorite stroller in the universe. It lasted through 2 children before I finally had to "retire" it.

This is what I liked about my Peg:
Great Recline
Plush comfy seating
Huge basket with easy access
No squeaking
VERY DURABLE
Fantastic Sun Canopy
Easy Fold and Compact Fold
Fairly Lightweight
Accepted a Car Seat
Steering was Fabulous (although difficult to do with one hand)
Child Tray

We did use the toddler board/step in back as my son got older. I own at Phil and Ted P3 now and wish I had that feature (I have 3 total) because someone is always tired and wanting to sit in the stroller.

I did own the ZOOPER WALTZ and recently sold it. The steering was no where near as good as the Peg and it lacks a snack tray for the child.

Good Luck with your decision,
H.

artsandcrafts
06-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I just posted this in reply to another post but it might help you out so here you go...
Hi-

I can relate to your situation. My son is 8 weeks old now and we also have the snugrider frame and carseat but I wanted something else since our neighborhood has pretty terrible sidewalks and we also like to hit the park trails. After extensive research,we ended up with the Inglesina Zippy and are *very* pleased with our choice. It comes with straps to attach the carseat very easily but also reclines flat to accomodate an infant which I prefer. Though it is not a jogging stroller, it has slightly bigger wheels than regular strollers and also has suspension to make for a smoother ride. Finally, it features a simple one hand umbrella type fold and only weighs 17/18 lbs. The storage basket is decent but a little flimsy.
Hope this helps!

mama2007
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
thanks all for replying to me so far, i really appreciate everyone's help :) so i took DH to test drive the strollers today. right away he fell in love with the Zippy :) which was my first inclination when i was assessing strollers while pregnant.

but now i'm also liking the MacLaren Techno XT. it's 4 lbs lighter than the zippy, the hood totally covers even when the seat is fully reclined, and the steering is nice, to me at least. but the mac doesn't have the ease of use (gotta totally bend down to recline the seat, not as easy to collapse, not bar/snack tray). but am really really starting to like it too.

may be get both :D ya right. so at least now i'm between those two!!!

artsandcrafts
06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi-

I was in the same situation. I actually bought the XT online and when it arrived I realized it was waaaaaaaaaaay too tall for me (I am 5'3"). The Zippy is much more accomodating to shorter folks. Hopefully this will make your decision easier.