PDA

View Full Version : Is the 2007 Peg Twin Aria that horrible?

peanutmiracle
06-15-2007, 05:36 PM
The double aria has gotten such bad reviews of being flimsy, falling apart, etc. I'm wondering if it is really that bad and if anyone out there has it and likes it? It seems like such an ideal stroller with the light weight and all, and I'm looking for something easy to put in and out of the car. I'm afraid the basket drags too, that is another complaint I have heard.

I'm considering the Mac twin triumph too.

Thanks!

soontobe3
06-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I can't speak to the 2007 version, but I did own a 2005 Aria Twin and HATED it. My favorite stroller in the world was my Peg Perego Pliko, and so I naturally assumed I would love the Aria Twin. Boy, was I wrong. The construction was poor, the basket was not very strong and broke shortly after we purchased it. You are correct, the basket drags too. The seats were narrow and shallow, and the seat cushions were not very comfortable. The plastic tray holder kept falling off and was a pain to hook on. Steering was great, when it was empty. My neighbor had the Combi Twin Savvy- and it was great for what she needed (mall stroller, quick errands-no off roading). I also tried the Mac Twin Traveler and loved it, but I am very short and the handles were just too high for me. Otherwise it was a very nice stroller.
Best of Luck,
Heather

PRmommy
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I've been searching for months and was really leaning toward the Aria. That is until I saw one at the store and and felt the seat. It was hard as a rock. Hardly any padding at all. I immediately crossed it off the list. I'm assuming the Twin has the same seating.

peanutmiracle
06-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Does Maclaren still make the Twin Traveler? I have not seen this anywhere. I have only seen the Twin Techno and the Twin Triumph. I am really short as well and the Techno seemed a bit too heavy/cumbersome for me, so I was leaning toward the Triumph. I never tested the Triumph to see if it is as tippy as my Quest. I love the Mac Quest but if I forget to take my bag off before my son, it tips over!

Lolagirl
06-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I test drove the Aria Twin as well (for my twins) and it was terrible: flimsy, and rickety, and the seats didn't seem very comfortable either. I would definitely recommend steering clear of this stroller, and I honestly think the people at Peg Perego should be embarrased that their name is on such an inferior quality product.

I ended up getting a Maclaren Twin Traveller for my twins and really liked it. It's compact and steers very well. It is on the heavy side, but the fold is super easy and small for taking in and out of the car. The Twin Techno is the newer version of the Twin Traveller, and the main improvements are that the seats are plusher and it has cup holders on the back. The Twin Triumph is a more scaled back version of the TT, the leg rests don't extend and it doesn't come with boots that attach to the front of the stroller.

If your kids are both a little older than I would go with the Triumph, because you won't really need the bells and whistles of the Twin Techno as you would with a newborn baby.

Good luck!

Chelsey333
06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I have the 2005 Aria Twin and loved it. I pushed a baby around and my 2 year old son in it. Once my oldest turned 4 yrs old, I found it hard to push and maneuver. The basket did drag sometimes though. It bothered me a little, but I still was able to stuff it full. The wheels are very small, so it is not great for bumpy terrain. I did take it to Disney World and I thought it worked out perfectly. I didn't realize so many people thought it was an awful stroller. My sons loved being in it. My 4 year old was too big for it, but he would sometimes ask if we could take it. All that being said, I can see why other people wouldn't like it. If I were you, I would look into the Combi sbs. That was the other one I was going to get.

peanutmiracle
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all of your answers. Too bad the Aria isn't a little sturdier. I think I am going to try out the Maclaren Twin Triumph. The Techno maybe just a little too heavy for me. Hope I can get through doorways with the Triumph!

rl42382
06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
rachel l.
my friend just bought the twin triumph as her double for her large 2 year old and newborn and loves it. we live in an old fasioned narrow apartment building with a small elevatore. it fit fine gets in through all doorways even theold fasion narrow ones. she is very happy with it. it is very nive and not as heavy she is 5 one and i am 4 11 and we bolth had no problem pushing it.it also folds very narrow and can stand up folded very nicely.

peanutmiracle
06-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks! I used mine for the first time. My only issue is that if you forget to take your diaper bag off the handle before your children, the stroller tips over. What kind of bags does your friend use? When the seats are reclined it is hard to access the basket so that is sort of tricky with a newborn.