PDA

View Full Version : Please help me make this decision!

Mommyto2girls
06-16-2007, 01:51 PM
We're going to Disney in a few months. Our children will be 8 months and 3 when we go. Obviously the 8 month old will need a stroller and I intend to have one for the 3 y/o b/c she will want to ride here and there.

We currently own a P3 and a Zooper Tango. There's no way I'm bringing the Tango. I love the stroller but it is very big and heavy. Our P3 seems worn out. It is very rickety and no longer steers that well.

What I'm thinking of doing is buying two Maclarens to bring. That way DH and I can each push one. Plus they fold up small and are easy to take on and off of the busses. Considering that we will be travelling with 2 little ones I want to make it as painless as possible!

I've been looking at the Quest for the baby and the Volo for my toddler.

Should I just bite the bullet and buy 2 new strollers? Or should I buy one Maclaren and bring the old Peg? I know the Maclarens are lighter, but do they fold up smaller than a P3?

Which do you think would be easier to travel with, one Maclaren and a P3 or two Maclarens??

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
06-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think a Quest is enough stroller for an 8mo at Disney - they spend soooo much time riding at Disney! I'd consider taking the P3 with its plush seat and big hood for the baby, and buy a Mac Quest or Volo (if you don't need any recline) for your 3yo. I don't think that the Mac is considerably easier to travel with at Disney compared to a P3 (which we've used at Disney a few times), definitely not enough to sacrifice your infant's comfort.

hlo
06-16-2007, 03:25 PM
We just did Disney with a baby the same age and a four year old. We rented a stroller for the older child (which he loved & my husband still raves about -- apparently it had amazing steering) and brought a older Zooper (comparable to the Peg) for the baby. I'd agree with the pp -- you want something cozy enough for naps for the baby.

sleepdeprivedmommy
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
We went with a 12 mo old, 2yr old and a 4 yr old with our our P & T e3. One day we also rented the Disney stroller for our 4 year old & she loved it! We even got our jogging cup holder organizer from www.carryyou.com to fit on the Disney stroller. But the bulkiness of the e3 made me wish I had brought my maclaren. Especially since we had to constantly get on and off the bus , fold it down, and squish when the buses were full. In retrospect, I would have brought the maclaren and my Bjorn and rented the Disney stroller when needed.