PDA

View Full Version : Valco front wheel problem anyone?

janeybwild
06-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I have a 2006 Runabout and love it. But, for the past few months the steering has been getting progressivley worse. Its now a two handed push. I've taken the front wheel off and cleaned it, and it helped a bit but not enough. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or expereince with Valco CS to offer? I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

nfowife
06-18-2007, 08:02 AM
No experience with this particular problem, but I used to have a runabout and had a wheel issue (mine kept popping out of fixed position on walks). I called Valco CS and they sent me a new part to fix it with no problems. Call them, they are very nice and should help you!

chicagojo
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I have a Twin Runabout and have noticed that the steering really starts to deteriorate as the tires get low on air. You might want to try re-inflating the tires to see if that helps. Especially when the weather changes, mine always need a little more air. HTH...

janeybwild
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks both. I have a call into CS, no luck yet. I will try the tire inflation, although the fact that it always pulls to one side suggests more or a structural problem to me. Any idea on the psi of the tires while I'm waiting to hear back from CS?

rl42382
06-20-2007, 09:08 AM
rachel l.

call again i find friday morning was a good time to call the costumer service is great try silicon spray and reinflate rhe tires make sure you call the correct number my brake bar wasn't locking properly and they sent me a new one for free in a few days and also helped me out over the phone.

janeybwild
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Thaks, I finally got a call back yesterday. Their advice was to try vasoline and call back if that doesn't work. Fingers crossed. Thanks again!

K-Bear
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I was going to suggest the same thing about using some type of lubricant. My Valco has the same problem. I notice it especially in the colder months. Maybe the lube freezes when the temperatures drop and become less effective? Who knows..

Anyways, last year when I had that problem I took my Valco to Great Beginnings. The stroller guy said there was a Valco rep in the other day mentioning this problem. The stroller guy proceeded to use a lubricant (I think it was the same lubricant that is used on Bugaboos) and the steering improved.