PDA

View Full Version : Tell my why you love your BJCSD and what you compared it to?

veronica
06-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I finally give up on trying get a practical double that takes a carseat. So now, the BJCSD is at the top of the list as my foremost requirements are easy to fold and lighter weight. DC's will be 19 months apart when #2 is born. Someone please tell me that I will have enough hands to place a wriggly 19 month old in a stroller and then a newborn instead of buying a stroller that takes the seat...

What other strollers did you look at and why did you rule them out?

fyi-I truly need help as there are no authorized double stroller dealers within 2 hours of me and am counting on your life experiences!

TIA

spunkybaby
06-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, the BJCSD is supposed to have a carseat adapter attachment sometime this year, so maybe that will solve your dilemma?

I thought about the E3, the Maclaren Twin Techno, the Inglesina Twin Swift, and the Sit-n-Stand before buying the BJCSD, which I love!

Maclaren Twin Techno--bought it at BRU and ended up returning it. Too heavy to be a "lightweight" double stroller. Thought I would love it since I love my Quest (and my new Volo), but I didn't, and it was not cheap even though it was a 2006 model and the salesperson gave me a discount.

Sit-n-Stand--bought an old model at the MOPS rummage sale for $20. It's okay, but nothing great. Heavy, poor steering etc.

I thought the E3 would be great because of the ability to go from single to double easily. I really wanted to try out the new version (GT?) that's supposed to be lighter and easier to fold, but the ETA was originally summer 2007 and kept on slipping, so I couldn't wait that long. The first time we tried out the E3, my DD didn't like being so slumped back. Later, we took a friend's E3 for a spin. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Then I read great things about the Inglesina Twin Swift and was going to buy it. But it's still not terribly light.

So finally, I thought long and hard about my needs. I realized what I really wanted was a double stroller that I could push to the park, about 15 minutes away. I wanted a nice push, big wheels, and a decent-sized basket so that I could fit my DD's little potty, just in case she had to go potty either on the way to the park or on the way back. I wanted relatively high weight limits so that I could use it for a long time. I also wanted a good recline for naps and good sun coverage. I realized that weight was not the biggest issue for me. I was not willing to sacrifice wheels, basket, canopies, recline etc. for a lightweight stroller.

I read a ton online and heard wonderful things about the BJCSD. Then one day someone posted in the Bargains forum that Amazon was selling the BJCSD for $353 in the lilac color, and I jumped on it. I had never seen one IRL, and I wasn't even sure exactly what model I'd be getting (2006, 2007, 2007.5?), but it sounded good to me.

And I love it. I have the 2007 model with the floating canopies, which are great for sun coverage. It's easy to push, easy to fold, easy to recline. The bigger wheels make it easy to push over gravel and grass. The kids took really long naps in the stroller on Sunday afternoon and were super comfy. I can fit the potty and a huge beach blanket in the basket, and it's easy to attach my diaper bag to the handle. The zipper pockets can hold a lot too. And the BJCSD can hold 100 pounds, so I'm not worried that the kids will outgrow it in the next few years. I think my DDs are happier sitting side-by-side then they would be in the E3 sitting above and below. Oh, and the lilac is so pretty!!

HTH

ETA: By the time I bought the BJCSD, DD2 was 6 months old and was too heavy for me in the infant carseat, so I didn't need a carseat adapter. (I'd been using the Kolcraft UCSC for the baby and letting DD1 walk everywhere.) But I liked that BJ was planning to introduce a carseat adapter and thought that would be handy for whomever I gave my stroller to down the line.

Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

cindylouhoo
06-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks so much for this info. I'm definitely in the market for the BJCSD. I wold love to find a deal like you did, but the closest I can come is about $500. I hope to get one in the next month, and it sounds like the best one to fit our needs.

bubbaray
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I've had mine a week. LOVE IT

Very well thought out stroller. Easy fold, has a locking mechanism (snap). Great canopies (I have the 2007.5 version, 3 panels). Nice harness that is WAAAAY easier to adjust to higher positions than the MBUS or BOB. Easy to use foot brake (I don't like my BOB foot brake, this one is more similar to the one on my MBUS). All aluminum frame (important if you are near the ocean). Fits through doors easily. New handlebar cover seems nice (older models had problems with the cover getting damaged when you fold the stroller).

DD#2 is 4m and long since out of her infant seat. She loves the stroller, as does DD#1.

I looked at the MBUD and BOB Revolution Duallie. Had bad CS with my MBUS and the lower canopy just did that stroller in (my kids are tall). BOB also has a lower canopy than the BJCSD, plus I didn't like the wider width and the single front wheel.

FWIW, I bought my BJCSD sight unseen based on threads here and on StrollerSwap. I purchased from letsgostrolling.com and had a wonderful experience with them. I have also had great CS from Marilyn at arunningstroller.com in the past, though I d/n purchase this stroller from her (she does sell them, though). letsgostrolling.com had a 10% off code that I used.

I'm very happy with the stroller and highly recommend it.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007