PDA

View Full Version : One-Hand Folds

sloneta
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I am looking for a stroller that you can truly fold with one hand. This will be our stroller for Disney, so these other features are highly desirable, listed in order of importance:

*lightweight (15 lbs or less preferred)
*some recline (though doesn't need to be flat)
*one-hand steering
*nice size basket
*decent canopy

We have a Jane Energy that I love, but the fold is not truly one-handed. Given that there will be times when it is just me and DD (who will be 14 months at the time) trying to hold onto her and fold the stroller at the same time needs to be easy. Recline is necessary because she will sleep in the stroller (at least now), and I like for her to be comfy.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

tara

Joolsplus2
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
LOVE my Aria OH (stands for One Hand, and they mean it!) 2007 Stroller... huge canopy, huge basket, good recline, snack tray, easy to push, and yes, you can literally, easily, hold your baby in your left arm and fold the stroller to it's stand-alone position with your right hand. I think the older Inglesina Espresso has the same features, and it's quite a bit cheaper if you can find it :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sloneta
06-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks! Does anyone know of any others to check out as well? It seems to easy if the first one I check out fits the bill!

dscollier3
06-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I recently got an 07 Inglesina Zippy. The fold is impressive. It really is a one hand fold. Worth checking out.

HTH, Sharon

psych
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Inglesina Zippy has an amazing one hand fold (you just press a button and push up). I had to travel with my DS a few times and I was able to fold it with one hand and put it in the conveyor belt to go through security, while holding my son on the other arm. One excellent thing about it is that not only does it fold with one hand, but it folds like an umbrella stroller and stands up. So, no bending down to pick up the stroller once you fold it. This is an important factor when you're carrying a baby or toddler on your other arm. It reclines fully as well and the canopy is big.

The only problems I see, is that the basket underneath is not that large. Also, the newer Inglesinas (2006-2007) are 17 pounds. I have a 2004 Zippy and that one was 16 pounds. Not a huge difference, but you had said no more than 15 pounds, so I wanted to point that out.