PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo gates

Cara
04-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Are you familiar with the Evenflo gates? Do any of you use the Secure Solution Swing gate?

hthompson
04-04-2002, 05:16 PM
We received this one for Chrismtas and it's finally time to install it for our 9 month old! So, I don't know how it works just yet, but it was reviewed in the 3/02 edition of Parents magazine. The final verdict was that it was tough to install, but safe and solid and recommended. Hope this helps!

mommymaria
05-30-2002, 02:17 PM
My husband just bought this for our 9 month old. And I agree with the reviewer - installation was difficult, but once up the gate seems solid as a rock. Opening and closing is pretty easy. It took a few tries for me to get used to removing and replacing the gate, but now I have no problems. We keep it off most of the times, but I guess that will change as he gets more and more mobile.

Maria

luvbeinmama
05-30-2002, 05:29 PM
Yes, I have and LOVE this gate! It does take a drill and some time to install (10 min?). But once it is up, it is just great! Easy to put on & off the mounting brackets and when I finally take them completely away, I'll just patch the screw holes. My son is now 2 1/3 yrs, and I've had the gates for about 1 1/2 yrs. Not so great to install over really wide base boards as the gate needs to be no more than 4" from the ground.

I highly recommend this gate!!

KathyO
05-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Ditto everyone else. A right b*****d to install, but wonderfully easy to use once in place. My friend has one too and also loves it.

KathyO